Blog post have wrong publish date

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:43

Blog post have wrong publish date

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've managed to get the migration modules working in my SF3.x and SF4.x websites.
When I migrate my blogposts, the publish date is wrong.

The oldest blogpost now is the newest. Since this are much blogposts, I'd like to know where I should change the code to get this corrected and do a new migration. I tried to change some things, but it seems not to work.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Since the migration tool does not preserve the original publication dates, this would explain why your latest blogs have become the oldest ones after the migration process (since they were processed first). There used to be a similar scenario with News items. A possible solution is to implement a custom field for your blog posts of type DateTime,s o you'll be able to easily specify the original date of the post. Once you've set this you can run a sample code which will set the publication date (displayed on frontend pages) and date created (displayed in the backend for the particular post) to the value in that custom field. Actually, you can try to implement the code from this forum thread, I believe you will find it useful, you'll just need to change the reference to Blog posts not news items.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

The Migration Module already preserves the original URLs and dates. 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

We migrated from 3.7 to 4.4 and the original blog dates are not migrating.  Instead, we are seeing every blog post having a publish date equal to the migration date.  This is an enormous problem.  How can we retain the original blog date?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

We migrated from 3.7 to 4.4 and the original blog dates are not migrating.  Instead, we are seeing every blog post having a publish date equal to the migration date.  This is an enormous problem.  How can we retain the original blog date?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Christine,

Our latest Sitefinity version supports migrating with original publication dates for content items. Could you please try and migrate to 5.1 and let us know how it went? Basically we have went a long way in the migration process from Sitefinity 4.4 migration module to the current one in Sitefinity 5.1. Lots of live sitefinity 3.7 projects were migrated and with this we fixed the most common problems that can occur in the migration process.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed