issue with assembly reference

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:55

issue with assembly reference

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello, I have downloaded the migration tool,
www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-migration-tool.aspx

and have been following the instructions line by line. My issue is baffling - because it's such an easy step. From the documentation...

• Expand the References node of this project and fix all the missing references by pointing them to DLL files in the /bin folder of your main 3.7 website project
• Right-click on the MigrationExportService project and select Build. You will get a file named MigrationExportService.dll in MigrationExportService/bin/Debug

My problem is, I have loaded all the new references to my old 3.7 project (3.7.2136.140:0). When I BUILD the MigrationExportService, I get 46 errors, all because the project can't find a reference to the assemblies I added. 

Please see the attached video -- and provide any help you can.
ascendio.com/.../issue_with_assembly_reference.swf

Note:: I've tried using both .NET 3.5 and 4.0. My original project is in .NET 4.0

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Mexner,

Could you check the target .NET version of your MigrationExportService project and the version against which is compiled your Sitefinity 3.7 project. They should match - e.g. both should be 4.0. If your Sitefinity project is for .NET 4.0 then you can change the target version of your MigrationExportService to 4.0 (eventually by adding/removing a reference System.Web.ApplicationServices) and try again.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

I have done that. My 3.7 site is .NET 4.0. When I attempt to target the migrationExportService to .NET 4.0 - it errors out (See screen shot).

If I take my 3.7 SF site to .NET 3.5 and take the migrationExportService to .NET 3.5, i get the errors you saw in the video from my original post.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Mexner,

Please build the tool against .NET 4.0. Add a reference to System.Web.ApplicationServices.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks Lubomir, that worked.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2011 00:00

Will you be releasing a version of the Sitefinity v. 3.7 Migration Tool for both .Net 3.5 as well as .Net 4.0 due to the breaking changes in .Net 4.0 regarding assembly references?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2011 00:00

When I compiled my solution against .Net v. 4.0, I got the following build error messages:

C:\Software\Telerik\280162_SitefinityMigration-0-7-Beta\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs(294,54): warning CS0618: 'Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.DynamicHyperLink' is obsolete: 'This control is obsolete. Please use Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.DynamicHyperLink instead'
C:\Software\Telerik\280162_SitefinityMigration-0-7-Beta\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs(301,25): warning CS0618: 'Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.DynamicHyperLink' is obsolete: 'This control is obsolete. Please use Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.DynamicHyperLink instead'
C:\Software\Telerik\280162_SitefinityMigration-0-7-Beta\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs(301,105): warning CS0618: 'Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.DynamicHyperLink' is obsolete: 'This control is obsolete. Please use Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.DynamicHyperLink instead'

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

These are not errors, these are warnings. You can safely ignore them.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed