Missing DLL

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:47

Missing DLL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

I might be missing something here, but for step 1 of the Migration of 3.7 to 4.2 it states:

1. Copy MigrationService.svc to the root of the web site
  2. Copy Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.dll and Telerik.Sitefinity.MigrationContracts.dll to the /bin folder of the web site

I downloaded the latest release of 4.2 today, created my new 4.2 project and do not have the Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.dll in the project's bin folder.

Also, the service is called Migration.svc and not MigrationService.svc, correct?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Juan,

It appears the files references by the instructions are located in a zip file Module3.7_SP4_NET40.zip that should be in the root folder of your website project. It should contain everything you need to get started.

I'll be sure to let the team know to update the instructions with this information. I also look forward to your feedback on your experience with migration, please do report back your thoughts.

Hope this is helpful,
josh

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Thanks Josh. I saw that .zip file but had no idea it contained the needed files for the migration tool.

I will continue to post my experience with the migration and try to provide as much feedback as possible.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Josh,

I did the Installation of Migration for 3.7. step by step but I got followin error when I called my website <website>/MigrationService.svc:
"System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded."

What's the Problem here? Can you please help me?

Thank You,
Gabriele

Hey Gabriele,

I updated the runtime version of the Visual Studio website to 4.0, which solved the error you are getting.

However, this in turn caused an issue with the MigrationService.svc:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Cms.Engine, Version=3.7.2136.240, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Josh - Could you help work through this issue? The version of my Sitefinity 3.7 website is Sitefinity 3.7.2057.2:1, do I need to add an SP to my installation for this upgrade to work?

this is correct, the current Migration tool only supports importing data from Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 (Standard Edition). If necessary, please review the instructions for updating Sitefinity 3.7 to the latest service pack

I'm sorry this wasn't more clear, I will be including this information in the Migration Guide I am developing, and I appreciate all of your feedback.

I hope this was helpful
Josh

Thanks Josh. I will upgrade this project to SP4 and continue to check in with my progress.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

my 3.7-Website is on the newest Version - do I really have to make it .NET 4.0?
Please let me know how I should go on with Migration.

Thanks, Gabriele

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Prosaldo,

We will provide .NET3.5 assemblies as well, with our next internal release. Until then, .NET4.0 is the only framework you can use with the 3.x part. 

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hey Georgi,

Do you possibly have a rough time-frame that the .NET3.5 assemblies will be released?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Juan Sola,

We won't be able to do it this week, but we can probably go for the next one. 
I hope this time frame will be suitable for you.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Sitefinity-Team,

any news on this thread? Do you have already a release date for the 3.5-assemblies-version?

Thanks, Gabriele

The latest internal build (4.2.1679) includes a the binaries to import from both asp.net 4.0 and asp.net 3.5 websites running Sitefinity 3.7 SP4.

The internal build should now be available for download in your Sitefinity account

Hello,

in my account the version is not available yet - please see screenshot!

Thanks, Gabriele

I think it's in a different section. there should be a link that says either "Browse all product files" or "Latest Internal Builds"

check the screenshot I've attached, if you get to that screen you should see the build as a downloadable option.

I don't know the exact sequence to get to that page but that's where I found it...

I hope this is helpful, let me know if you still can't locate the download

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

thanks, but I unfortunately can't see this build in my account (see screenshot).
Maybe it still needs time till every account can download it?

Gabriele

Hello Amazonaspinguin,

Please find the latest internal build in question available for download on this page from your client account. If there's anything else you want to ask, please do not hesitate to do so, we'll be glad to answer your questions.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hello,

thank you! I now managed to migrate from my 3.7 Site to 4.2.
Everything seems to work fine. But when I want to edit a page, there is a very strange view (see screenshots) and I can't edit anything. When I click anywhere, nothing happens. I'm not able to delete controls, or even add some. And I also get some Errors (see screenshot). So images do not work. I also get the error "Unknown server tag" (see screenshot).
When I click on "Back to Pages" I'll get following js-Error:

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Zune 4.7)
Zeitstempel: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 08:50:18 UTC

Meldung: 'editorToolBar' is undefined
Zeile: 280
Zeichen: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost:41452/ProsaldoNet_4/Tour.aspx/Action/Edit

But when editing the master-File everything seems to work fine. Also my menu, which throws an error on the edit page site.

I guess I'm faster to create every page new and add controls manual as to wait, till the migration works fine?!

Thank you, I'm glad now, that there is no error DURING the migration anymore at least and I can probably work with the things the migration tool migrates fine.

I'll keep you informed during my tests with the migration-tool!

Gabriele

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Amazonaspinguin,

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback on the migration module, it is much appreciated! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing the below issues after migrating your site, let's try to solve them out:
1. Judging by the provided screenshots, it looks like there might be a ContentPlaceHolder declared in the head section of the masterpage you were using as a template for the migrated pages. If during the migration som controls did not have a valid placeholder, they would have been moved to the first available placeholder on the page (in this case the ContetnPlaceHolder in the head, which is not a valid editable area). Commenting out that particular ContentPlaceholder from the masterpage should help fixing that behavior.
2. Once you have done this, and if any problems still persist, can you please inspect with developer's tools (e.g. Firebug) whether any errors get registered while editing/publishing the page.
3. Concerning the invalid server tag, indeed we do not have telerik:JsFileLinkcontrol anymore in Sitefinity 4.x however, you can use the ResourceLinks control to implement that functionality, or share with us the exact use case scenario, and we'll try to give you a more specific advice.
Looking forwards to your reply.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed