migration of sitefinity version 3.7 to 4.2

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:49

migration of sitefinity version 3.7 to 4.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

How can I migrate sitefinity version 3.7 to version 4.2?

Hello,

I'm a little bit desperate regarding the migration from Sitefinity 3.7 to Sitefinity 4.
How does the MIgration work to my 4.2.1650 Project? We bought the Licence for Sitefinity 4 at the beginning of there year and so far I haven't managed to migrate from my 3.7 Project, I read the Migration-Documentation, I followed every step by step, despite it never worked. So I really want to know now, how to go on in the new version of Sitefinity!

ITS VERY URGENT!

Thank you,
Gabriele

@Suman

There are some instructions embedded into the tool in Sitefinity 4.2.

However, Josh Morales is also preparing a more detailed migration guide.  I expect this to be published next week.

Also, I did a video on this subject a few months ago.  The video covers the CodePlex version of this Migration Tool though.  Which means it required manually compiling and installing.  Consequently, big parts of that video are no longer applicable.  What is applicable is the installation of the DLL files into the Sitefinity 3.7 web site.

I realize our guidance on this (at the moment) is insufficient.  Check out the embedded instructions and the video and let us know if you have any problems.

@Gabriele,

It worries me when I read "it's very urgent".  Given the current state of the migration tool (Alpha) it doesn't lend itself well to migrations with a tight deadline.

That being said, we're very willing to help.  Are you getting any errors?  If so, what are they?  Toss us some details and we'll help.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Gabe,

thanks for your answer.
Yesterday I tried to migrate with the BETA Migration Tool integratet in the newest 4.2 Sitefinity-Version. I'm getting some errors and posted it to this thread: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/migrating-from-3-to-4/missing-dll.aspx

I hope I will get some answers there, seems like it is the right thread for my problem!

Thank You,
Gabriele

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Gabriele,

We have posted an answer in the mentioned thread. 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed