The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:41

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Trying to upgrade a pretty basic sitefinity 3.7SP4 site to 4.2 using the migration module.

"Test connection" gives me the following response:
Connection has been successfully established
Selecting any of the modules in the list and choosing "Check items count" I receive:

The attached screenshot shows what I receive when I choose Begin Migration.

Is this a known issue? If so, what is the quickest path to resolution for this issue? If it's a new issue, what do I need to do to troubleshoot further and expedite this migration? Browsing the site works fine..

The migration log is filled with this.. the error log is empty

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 9/8/2011 3:29:52 PM

Timestamp: 9/8/2011 3:32:20 PM

NOTE
: I have tried this with the host server built into the project manager and Cassini as well

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

This issue appears to be related to having the 3.7 site hosted on a port differing from port 80. Swapping directly to localhost let me run the migration tool as expected. Nothing in the front end site works now, but at least the metafields and page links appear to be there and I can start focusing on the code on our end anyway.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Drew,

Concerning the frontend not working: I suppose you receive 301 redirects when trying to browse a page. This is caused by an additional URL added to the page. Try to remove additional url`s from pages and see if it will fix the frontend issue.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

I have the same error:
Connection ok
but if i try check item count

Error en el servidor remoto: (400) Solicitud incorrecta.

Ver Source: Sitefinity 3.7.2136.240:0
Ver to: Sitefinity 4.2.1679.0 PE

Please Help!

Regard,
Jose Antonio

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Jose,

Can you try migrating your project with Sitefinity 4.2.1650 which is the officially supported version. The current version that you mention is an internal build and you may have problems upgrading in the future.
If you experience the same problem from the previous post remove the additional url and check if all is as it should be.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey!!
I'm having the same issue, the weird thing is that I'm working both versions in localhost, but with different port.
when I test the connection to the 3.7 version is successful, but when I began the migration I had the following error:

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Victor,

Can you test the migrating on localhost(both projects running from Visual Studio) or share with me how are sitefintiy 3 and 4 project set up in IIS? Are there full permissions granted over all folders in both projects? Additionally you may observe the migration procedure at this webinar.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks a lot , issue resolved  sitefintiy 3 need to run under IIS in local

Regards Jose A

This thread is closed