Migration Process 3.7 to 4.2

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:30

Migration Process 3.7 to 4.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

Earlier I have developed website in 3.7. now I want to upgrade into 4.2. but I am facing some problem during migration.

I followed the step to setup migration process

1. Step 1: Copy the .dll and .svc files. Details
  2. Step 2: Edit the web.config and add the snippet before the last </configuration> tag. Details
  3. Step 3: Enter the 3.7 Standart edition project URL in the field (on the left)
  4. Step 4: Select the content you want to migrate and click Begin Migration

but when I trying to access localhost:50722/.../MigrationService.svc, page is displaying

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

and when I copy the URL to setup migration, the result is

Migration Log

"Error: Could not find http:\/\/localhost:50722\/oldwebsite\/MigrationService.svc on the source site. Error details:An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http:\/\/localhost:50722\/oldwebsite\/MigrationService.svc. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.
Migration stopped.

I have spent more than a week on this to get solution.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Joshua,

Looks like you haven't copied the Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.dll to the bin folder of your Sitefinity 3.7 project. Please check the installation guide here: www.sitefinity.com/.../migration-guide.aspx

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed