Telerik.Cms dll 4.2 version

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:58

Telerik.Cms dll 4.2 version

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

I am new to sitefinity development, so I am sorry if this seems to you as an unnecessary question.
We are in the process of upgrading from Sitefinity 3.7 SP 4 (.NET 3.5) to Sitefinity 4.2 (.NET 4). Here is my question:

* I am currently referencing old dlls like Telerik.Cms.dll from the old 3.7 project. Is there a newer version for this dll in the Sitefinity 4.2? If so, how do I get it?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Eduardo,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

i am unable to find Teleric.Cms dll can you tell me from where i can get this ?

Regards,
Muneer

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Muhammad Muneer,

Sitefinity 4.x and 3.x have completely different set of assemblies and API namespaces. Telerik.Cms.dll exists only in Sitefinity 3.x. Sitefinity 4.x has 4 main assemblies -

Telerik.Sitefinity
Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources
Telerik.Sitefinity.Model
Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities

Also, there is no backward compatibility between the types in 4.x and 3.x

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir

Can you please tell me the Sitefinity 4.x equivalents of the following 3.x classes?
1. Telerik.Cms.Web.InternalPage
2. Telerik.Cms.ICmsPage

I looked on the web. I couldn't find any meaningful answer.

Thanks
Yosief

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Anyone? Telerik Team?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Yosief,

In Sitefinity 4.x you can use PageRouteHandler instead of the ones you describe in 3.x The API reference for 4.x can be found in our SDK ( you can check the attached screenshot ). Also the following article may be useful to you:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials/pages

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed