Migrating Multiple Sites Same Database

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:36

Migrating Multiple Sites Same Database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

I have several different sites that use the same Sitefinity database.  What is the process for migrating the sites in this situation?  Do we need to do anything different based on multiple sites on the same database?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

I received a reply from Telerik support.  Below is the response...

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Such scenario is not currently supported by Sitefinity 4.3. What I can suggest is to migrate each site ( as they share one database ) separately. You can follow our migration guide:

http://www.sitefinity.com/resources/migration-guide.aspx

Basically you can use the Project Manager to install the Migration service, then you can start the new 4.3 project and follow the on-screen instructions.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

What I am not clear on is the direct question on whether running multiple sites from the same sitefinity databse is possible with 4.3.  If it is not yet supported, what is the timeline on supporting this?  The cost implications of having all of the sites have their own database on Azure is huge.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately such scenario is not supported at the moment and such feature is not planned in near future. I will forward the request to the dev teams who can discuss the implementation of such feature.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed