Migrating from 3.x to 4.x multilanguage

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:04

Migrating from 3.x to 4.x multilanguage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my website from 3.7 version to 4.2 using the Sitefinity Migration page and am receiving the following error in the migration log:

"The specified Sitefinity 3.7 project has some multilingual modules. The tool currently supports migration of monolingual projects only."

I have not yet tried to upgrade my new site to 4.3 as of yet but I did not see anything in the changelog that says that multi language sites are supported.  Is there any plans on if or when multilinugal modules/sites will be able to be migrated. 

Kind Regards,

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately in 4.3 we still do not support multi lingual sites. We have plans to implement this feature somewhere in the future, but I cannot promise you a specific date. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

I have the same requirement to update a multilingual website from 3.7 to 4.3.
I wanted to know, if I use the latest migration tool, will it upgrade the website with only the default language?
So that I can then add the multilingual content manually.
Or will the entire migration process fail?

Thanks,
Nidhi

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Nidhi,

The multilingual support is planned for the beginning of February. You can try to turn off the multilingual mode the Sitefinity 3.7 so the project runs only in the default language and then run the migration.
Will it be possible for you to send us your project so that we use it for testing while working on the multilingual support?

All the best,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with migrating from 3.7sp4 to 4.4.    I would like to be able to start testing using the default language.  I however i am unable to turn switch to monlingual support in 3.7.  How do i do that?   In web.config i change locatization to: <localization defaultProvider="Sitefinity" persistenceMode="QueryString" defaultCulture="en">

What else do i need to do?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Joshua,

We already released an internal build that supports multi lingual migration. Please check your client profile files for it and try it. Let us know if this version works for you.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

I just ran into the same problem and need to check the capabilities of the migration today! Any release date fixed yet?

@Joshua: I changed the web.config as follows, which seems to work perfectly well:

<localization defaultProvider="Sitefinity" persistenceMode="None" defaultCulture="en" cultures="en">

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Thomas,

As I mentioned in my previous reply we already released this version - here is the official forum thread that is updated every time a new internal build is released -

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/migrating-from-3-to-4/migration-module-changelog.aspx 

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir
Thank's for your reply! I followed your link and read there:
"... if the 4.x is not configured to contain the same languages"
This may make some difference! Also I'm looking for the stable version of multi lingual support planned to be published this month:
http://www.sitefinity.com/web-content-management/roadmap-migration-module.aspx
Regards,
Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Thomas,

I believe we already released the internal build that handles the multi lingual migration. You should see this build in your downloads section in your client profile. I think this build will be the last major update to the migration module, which of course will be included in the upcoming Sitefinity 5.0 release.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed