Migrating the GenericContent Web Control

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:06

Migrating the GenericContent Web Control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi all
I have a simple 3.7 User Control with the
<sfWeb:GenericContent runat="server" ID="GenericContent1" />
control placed on it. (It is wrapped by some layout html)

In the code behind I have the class inheriting the IGenericContent interface.
[ControlDesignerAttribute("Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.Design.GenericContentDesigner, Telerik.Cms.Engine")]
public partial class SiteControls_GreenBox : System.Web.UI.UserControl, IGenericContent

This allows users to use the inbuilt editor to add content and the control just wraps the content with specific html for layout and styling.

How should I convert this for SF 4.3 and make sure that the content gets migrated over through the migration tool?

Thanks
Darrin

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Darrin,

With the next build coming next week we'll provide API that will support migration of custom widgets. You'll be required to implement a class that returns a Sitefinity 4 widget from a given 3.7 widget type. We'll also provide functionality for automatic coping of the properties if the interfaces of both the 3.7 and Sitefinity 4 widgets are the same.

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed