MigrationService.svc Not Authorized

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:21

MigrationService.svc Not Authorized

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

I just got the Migration Service installed in my 3.x Site but when I attempt to browse to the page localhost/MigrationService.svc I get "You are not authorized to view this page"

Here is the Sitefinity log:

12/29/2011 3:19:28 PM [EXCEPTION]
************************************************************************************
ID: dff8a2f5-8e62-499b-95cd-6b644987718e; Code: 100103; Occurrence: 7; Sequence: 38
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application information:
    Machine name: XXXXXXX
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
    Product Version: 3.7.2136.240
    Application Path: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\DEVBOD\
    Debug: True

Process information:
    Process ID: 332
    Process Name: w3wp

Request information:
    Request URL: /MigrationService.svc
    Rewrite URL: http://XXXXXX/MigrationService.svc
    Url Referrer:   Is Authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: Forms
    User: XXXXX
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    User Address: 192.168.174.199

Variables:
    AspSessionIDManagerInitializeRequestCalled: True
    RadControlRandomNumber: 0
    CmsHttpRequest: /MigrationService.svc
    AspSession: System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState

- L0 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception Type: Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.MigrationServiceException

Source: Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration

Stack Trace:
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.EndpointBehaviorInspector.Authenticate()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.EndpointBehaviorInspector.System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.IDispatchMessageInspector.AfterReceiveRequest(Message& request, IClientChannel channel, InstanceContext instanceContext)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.AfterReceiveRequestCore(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Darryl,

If the system is responding with the error message that you are not authorized to view a particular page, you must review the proper permission for the frontend users as well as over the files and the folders in the 3.7 project. Can you please follow the bellow link to a blog post which explains in details how to prepare your environment:

www.sitefinity.com/.../migrating_sitefinity_3_to_4_deep_dive_preparation.aspx

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I'm not having problems viewing any particular pages, all pages are working in my 3.7 Site. I am attempting to Migrate to 4.x and I get the not authorized when attempting to go to the Migration Service.

I did not see any reference to this in the blog post provided.

Thanks,

Hello Darryl,

I have further investigated the matter and the service is no secured, which leads us to the conclusion that such message is expected. What I can suggest you is to continue the migration process according to the blogpost ( which we will update soon ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thank You. The Migration Service worked even with the error.

This thread is closed