Debugging page migration?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:17

Debugging page migration?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

I have a fair amount of pages failing migration, including one page which hangs the process.

What known situations would cause a page migration failure, and is there any way to figure out why a page is causing the process to hang?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

I found project folder\App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs\Migration.log, which gave me details on the exception:

01/03/2012 12:16:54
Type : Telerik.OpenAccess.OpenAccessException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2011.2.713.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342
Message : You cannot save your changes, becase a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link :
InnerExceptions : System.Exception[]
FailedObject :
BackendError :
Reason : Internal
CanRetry : False
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void CommitTransaction(System.String)
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.TransactionManager.CommitTransaction(String transactionName)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.FluentSitefinity.Dispose()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Strategies.Pages.Operations.GroupPageCreateOperation.Process(OperationContext context)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.MigrationOperation.ExecuteOperation(OperationContext context)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Strategies.Pages.Operations.PageCreateOperation.Process(OperationContext context)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Strategies.Pages.PagesMigrationStrategy.Migrate()

Additional Info:

MachineName : MSNYDER-DEV
TimeStamp : 1/3/2012 5:16:54 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.4.2117.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-4-129700755717883857
ThreadIdentity : msnyder
WindowsIdentity : NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.DuplicatePageUrlException, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.4.2117.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
    Message : You cannot save your changes, becase a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again
    Source : Telerik.Sitefinity.Model
    Help link :
    Page : Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode
    Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite : Void PreStore()
    Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode.PreStore()
       at OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PCStateMan.doJDOPreStore(LifecycleListenerManager[] listeners)
       at OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.OpenAccessPersistenceManagerImp.callPreStore()
       at OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.OpenAccessPersistenceManagerImp.prepareForStore(Boolean commit)
       at OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.OpenAccessPersistenceManagerImp.flush()

For some reason it's finding duplicate URLs somewhere. My investigation continues.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Can you please send us the 3.7 web site + db, so that I can investigate what's the problem.

All the best,
Ivan Georgiev | Sitefin1ty
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

I'm following up with "the powers that be" to see if we have any reasons we can't, or if any paperwork would be required. If we can send this all to you, I'll open a support ticket for the conversation to continue.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience but only this way I can tell you what is really happening during migration.

Regards,
Ivan Georgiev | Sitefin1ty
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed