The remote server returned an error: (500) internal server e

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:10

The remote server returned an error: (500) internal server error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I get the error "The remote server returned an error: (500) internal server error" when using the migration module to migrate from sitefinity3.7 sp4 to 4.4. I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks,
Annie

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Anne,

We have provided a response in the support ticket you have opened.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello,

I too am getting this error when attempting to migrate content from our v3.7 project to a new v5.0 project. I've successfully installed the migration export service to the v3.7 application, and the connection tests successfully from the v5.0 project's migration module. However, when I attempt to either check items count or perform the migration, I am seeing the same message as displayed in Annie's screenshot above. 

Was Annie's issue resolved in the aforementioned support ticket? If so, would it be possible to include the details of the resolution in this thread? Or is the information within the support ticket publicly available somewhere within this site?

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

I determined that I was getting the error because I had followed a migration setup document which was outdated. I was able to resolve my issue by following the steps outlined here:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/migrating-your-sitefinity-3-7-project/manual-migration-setup/ 

This thread is closed