Extention Nightmare

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:26

Extention Nightmare

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Sitefinity 3.7 pages use the .aspx extension.

Sitefinity 4.4 pages are extension-less.

When you migrate from 3.7 to 4.4 the migration tool KEEPS the .aspx extension from 3.7. If you modify the migrated page in 4.4 it becomes extension-less.

How does any of this make sense? Why would it not just convert migrated pages to extension-less then have internal url rewrite that would try to 301 redirect any .aspx calls to the extension-less counterpart?

Enough of my rant, here is my problem. Because of this extension-less nightmare described above I decided to implement my own version of the fix I suggested. I wrote code to update all of the pages in 4.4 so that they became extension-less and then I used a url rewriter to 301 redirect all .aspx calls to extension-less.

Worked perfectly.

BUT now all of my page groups and my redirect pages no longer work and throw a 404. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Out of all the migration issues this would have be the most frustrating one I've come across.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Juan,

We have replied to you in the support thread you have opened regarding the issue.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

What is the solution cause we are having the same problem. In fact even if we rename the page it still wants to use an aspx extension.

Thanks,

Seth

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2012 00:00

Please post the solution or additional information on this.  We are currently in the process of migrating our sites from 3.7 to 4.4.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,

If Juan decides he can share the information from the support ticket with the community.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed