Migrate from Standard Trial 4.4 to Small Business Edition 5.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:24

Migrate from Standard Trial 4.4 to Small Business Edition 5.0.2523

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

How can I migrate 4.4 trial to SBE 5.0.2523 ?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Robert,

If you have an active site on Sitefinity 4.4 using a trial license, you can easily download and create a 5.0 project and again use your trial license. Then you can either use the project manager to upgrade your 4.4 site or extract the contents of the bin folder of a brand new 5.0 project and paste in your projects bin folder, which should initiate the upgrade scripts ( you may need to restart your application after replacing the .dll files ).

However if you have bought a 5.0 license for Sitefinity, you can download a license for a Sitefinity 4.4 and apply it to your site. Then you can follow the above procedure.

Another option is follow the above process, but instead of applying a trial license for your Sitefinity 5.0 installation, use the license you bought.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

I have created a project using Sitefinity Project Manager using the Standard Trial 4.4, now we bought a license for SBE 5. I am currently testing on my local machine.

For what I understand.
1. I can download the SBE 5 version and run its Project Manager.
2. Import the project created from standard trial 4.4.
3. Use our SBE 5 license into the imported 4.4 project. Will this work?
   or I will use the 4.4 license?

Can I install side by side the licensed Project Manager 5 with the Trial Project Manager 4.4 ?
What conflicts should I be aware of and how to avoid it?

Standard Trial have form builder but SBE does not have it. Will I run into trouble if I migrate my project with SBE. Will my form still show in SBE?

Can I install the SBE 5 in a virtual machine? and try importing the standard trial 4.4.
I am just careful that the migration will not mess my 4.4 trial project.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Robert,

1). You can set a project manager for 5.0 and one for 4.4 in different folders. Please note that I am referring to Project Managers, not the .msi.

2). You should not be having any troubles using your SBE license, but any modules or content that are not included in the SBE of the software will not be present in your project after you apply the SBE license. Please check the following page regarding the different features of the editions of Sitefinity:

www.sitefinity.com/purchase.aspx

3). You can install Sitefinity on VM, as long as all requirements are fulfilled. Make sure that you have a backup copy of your project.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed