3.0 -> 5.1

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:12

3.0 -> 5.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2012 00:00

Can anybody share an upgrade path from 3.0 to 5.1?  I am new to Sitefinity and have discovered that we are currently at a very old version of the software.  Thanks in advance,
Shawn

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2012 00:00

I am also looking to upgrade from 3.7 to 5.1 but I can't find any clear information on how to do it.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,

If you want to migrate your 3.x website to 5.1, you can use the migration module, which is part of Sitefinity.

The migration module however supports migrating from Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 .NET 4 or .NET 3.5, therefore you might need to upgrade your site to 3.7 SP4 and then proceed with the migration.

For upgrading your 3.x websites, you need a patch, which can be download from your account's downloads page ( please check the attached screenshot ).

Then you can follow the upgrade process:

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrade-instructions.aspx

After you upgrade your project to 3.7 SP4, you can proceed with the actual migration. The our migration guide and blog post can be helpful when it comes to migrating a 3.7 website:

www.sitefinity.com/.../migration-guide.aspx

www.sitefinity.com/.../migrating_sitefinity_3_to_4_deep_dive_preparation.aspx

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed