Issue While deploying 3.7 Sitefinity Website to IIS7.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:07

Issue While deploying 3.7 Sitefinity Website to IIS7.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2012 00:00

I am very new to Sitefinity. Currently I created a website & deployed to IIS7 sucessfully. But I have to migrate a website developed in Sitefinity version 3.7.

And I am having problems in deploying that site to IIS7, I searched & found the issue was in Web.Config, therefore I copied the web.Config from 5.2 project into the 3.7 project. But then I had following Error :

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Previously (before changing the web.Config) I was having the 500 - Internal server error.

the old Web.Config is attached in the attachments(coz, it was very large).

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Ashish,

The error you are getting shows that you are missing an assembly from your references folder. However, the assembly by default comes with Sitefinity 5.x and is not required by a 3.7 project. Also the webconfig files of 3.x and 5.x are different, so you might be encountering other errors during the migration as well, therefore I would suggest to follow our upgrade instructions ( and set both sites locally ):

www.sitefinity.com/.../migration-guide

The following blog post may also be useful, as it is a step-by-step guide through the migration process:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed