Publication Date Column in Pages Screen

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:18

Publication Date Column in Pages Screen

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

In Sitefinity 3.X there was a column which displayed the publication date of a page on the Pages screen. In Sitefinity 5.X this appears to have been replaced by a "Last Modified" column. Is there anyway to retrieve/display the publication date in the pages screen in Sitefinity 5.X?

EDIT
Was actually referring to News list - found answer.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Bob,

At least as of 5.4 it's Date/Owner and the Date shown is still the publication date. However - and this applies to all backend content views - you can add/remove and modify columns, their styles, and data by going to Administration > Settings > Advanced > Content View > FrontendPages > View Modes > TreeTable > Columns. There you will see the ability to add/remove/modify columns.

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Patrick,

We're also trying to get the last modified date to show up in the Sitefinity page listing.  We're using Sitefinity 5.4.4000.0

What name should we be using to pull up the last modified date?  We've tried DateModified, and LastModified, but either of those makes the page listing screen hang.  We've been basing the changes off of the code used for the date created which works as expected.
(DateCreated) ? DateCreated.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm') : '-'

We found the columns listing under
Administration > Settings > Advanced > ContentView > Controls > FrontendPages > Views > FrontendPagesListView > View Modes > TreeTable > Columns

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your response.

You should be able to use something like:

<span> (DateModified) ? DateModified.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm:ss') : '-' </span>

This will get you the modified date. You can add it in a new column or change an existing one.

Here's a screenshot.

http://screencast.com/t/qRCHAU4xkh

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Patrick,

Does this still work? I have tried your suggestion:

<span> (DateModified) ? DateModified.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm:ss') : '-' </span>

But I also get the a hang on the Sitefinity page listings, dev tools console says DateModified not definied.

I also tried "Modifier", a property I found in the interface documentation, but got the same behaviour. Please confirm if and how we can add a Last Modified Date / Modifier column to the page list. Thanks in advance.

:-Dean

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Dean,

Yes, it does but the results are a bit different now. Try adding this.

<span> (PageLifecycleStatus.LastModified) ? PageLifecycleStatus.LastModified.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm') : '-' </span>                                   <span class='sfLine'>Owner ? Owner : ''</span>

It won't change the title but you'll see the dates change.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

This doesn't seem to work in 6.1 - is there a different date property?

I should add I am trying to add this column to Module Builder content items, not pages.

This works:

<span> (LastModified) ? LastModified.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm:ss'): '-' </span>

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2014 00:00

The above 3 examples all break my pages list, the top menu loads but the pages loading icon just keeps spinning. I'm running version 6.1.46000.0. 

Any advice would be great, the original owner and first date created is pretty useless to us and we need the last person and last date edited.

This thread is closed