All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2013 00:00

How about changing the title from 

Migration from 3.x to 4.x 

to either

Migration from 3.x to 5.x 

or 

Migration from 3.x to latest version

I don't think to many are migrating to 4.x now that 6.0 has been anounced :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thnak you for the suggestion, indeed it would be better if we update this Forum's title, I totally agree with you, and our next step would be to do this.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Dear Boyan

One month later and the title is the same. 

Well the good thing is you can now change it to Migration from 3.x to 6.x  or latest version. 

But then again - It's probably not going to happen anyhow. Why do I care and bother?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Please do not misunderstand me that your request is not taken into consideration.

The only reason this has not yet been done (and that's why I did not commit to a specific deadline in my previous response) is that we want to ensure good SEO rankings once we modify the title, and the URL - something which is a bit more complex in the current case with the Forums, as they're integrated with our internal systems as well.
 I'm not going to go into much details, but wanted to reassure you that your feedback on this issue has been very valuable, and that we are indeed working on it, it's just that it involves inter-team effort to implement this functionality, and once complete we can rename the forum right away.

I don't want to risk misleading you, but a fair estimate would be that this feature would probably be implemented within a month from now, and then we're going to rename the forum.

Once again thanks for the feedback, and please do not get left with the impression that your voice is not being heard - on the contrary, it's much appreciated.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Boyan

You were not missleading me when you took your estimate of 1 month for the implementatation. Just read my post before yours :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Not at all, I did not expect thsi to take more than a month, but as it often happens priorities change overnight, so the team dedicated ot this task had somethign with hihgher priority to focus on first.

However, we fixed the things at the end, and the forum has its proper title now, thanks again for your input and valuable suggestion!

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

This thread is closed