I have put in a support ticket w/ Telerik, but hopefully one of you kind folks can assist me.
There are a couple of problems that I ran into when attempting to migrate from v3.7 SP4 to v5.4. I followed the migration documentation, found here,
Let me first describe what I have done
1) Both the new and old site are on separate app pools in IIS running .net 4
2) The "MigrationService.svc" and the (2) Dll's are in the old site
3) The new DB is set up already in SQL 2008
4) I can login into the new site's admin panel
5) I have re-added the "Telerik.Cms.Engine.dll" with the correct version, 3.7.2136.2 into the old site's bin folder
6) I have verified the the login information is correct (for old and new site)
7) I have verified that both the old and new site are running .net 4
When I tried to do the "automated" migration, through the Project Manager, I first had to install the v5.4 (another team member had created the project on his machine - we use TFS), the error given was this:
"Installation package for the build version of the specified SP3.7 project is missing"
I rebuilt the old site, and still the same error message.
Therefore, I went the manual route, which is taking the files out of the zip file and putting them into the old site.
I must note (2) things here.
1) The old site WAS running .net 3.5, but I following the Telerik migration documentation, basically changing the app pool to run under .net 4, and changing the build framework on the project. I am running IIS 8.0
2) The team member that created the new project deleted the "Module3.7_SP4_NET40" file inside the new site. So what I did was go under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 5.4\_EmptyProject
and used that one
Inside the NEW site's migration tool, I put in the URL for the old site, and the username/pw. It says "Connection to 3.7 project has failed".
If I go to "local.OLDSITE.com/migrationservice.svc", I get this error message: (Capture1.png)
If I go to my event viewer, I get this: (Capture2.png)
This is why I re-added the "Telerik.Cms.Engine.dll" to the old site and rebuilt, but to no avail.
What am I doing wrong?
- Rob Scott