Error migrating user's first name and last name

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:44

Error migrating user's first name and last name

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2013 00:00

Migrating from 3.7SP4 to 6.2.

I'm running the migration tool to migrate users. It appears the users are migrated correctly, except for their first and last names (which are blank).

On the migration dialog box, I get "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.". And "User profiles metadata for type "SitefinityProfile" coping...
""ERROR while migrating user profiles metadata."

Wondering if anybody else came across this, and have an idea what could be wrong.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

I re-ran the migration tool with a small subset of my users and it was successful. Looks like there is one or more users who have metadata that cannot be migrated to 6.2; maybe because of invalid characters or the length being too long. Anyway, I haven't found a way to debug this. I have more than a thousand users, which make it really tricky to find out which user(s) fail. Any idea is much welcome.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

The issue was with a custom profile property of type string which was NULL in the database. After I changed the value to empty string, the migration was successful.

In 3.7 database, telerik_UserMetaInfo table, "Text" column.

It seems the migration tool does not handle NULL. It's also possible that there is no way to write a NULL value in the database through the UI, but that I can't be certain.

This thread is closed