Connection test fails

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:21

Connection test fails

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi everyone.

I want to migrate from 3.7 to 6.3 and have set up my new 6.3 site. I have also copied in the Migration service files to the old 3.7 site.

When I test the connection in the 6.3 Migration tool, the test fails with the following message:

IIS 8.0 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found

If I point to the MigrationService.svc on my 3.7 site (server/MigrationService.svc) I get the following response:

"ErrorMessage":"Authentication failed.","StatusCode":"403","Status":"Forbidden","Data":""

I have specified the admin user and correct password for the 3.7 site and I can log on to the site using those credentials.

The 3.7 site is running version 3.7.2136 as it should be.

I don't understand why the connection test fails. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Ross Reichardt.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Ross,

Thank you for contacting us.

Firs off I would like you to confirm that you have followed the migration procedure as per our Documentation. You have the option of a Manual or Automatic setup. Please specify which one you have used.

Secondly, can you please confirm that both of your projects have been set to run on IIS. You must not use Visual Studios build in Cassini server. More details on the procedure can be found in this blog post.

I hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you experience further difficulties.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Ivan and thank you for your reply!

I used the manual method setup method and yes, both sites are running on IIS. The odd thing here is that I set up another 6.3 version site on a different machine and it connects to the same 3.7 site.

The migration module runs without error from the new 6.3 site on the different machine but i'm having problems with the users it migrates. However, I have a support call open for that issue.

Thanks again Ivan,
Ross.

This thread is closed