Just double-checking the migration module is still in Sitefi

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:58

Just double-checking the migration module is still in Sitefinity 7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2014 00:00

I'm just checking you are continuing to have the migration module in the latest Sitefinity versions. I ran a test migration when 6.2 was out but now we are ready to do this project and I wanted to check before I overwrite it with 7.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2014 00:00

Hello Sharon,

The migration module is still available, but note that since version 7 of Sitefinity you should install the module in order to use it. You can find it in the current menu path - Administration -> Modules & Services

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

I have Sitefinity 7 installed now. When I try to set my 3.7 project for migration I am getting "Installation package for the build version of the specified SF3.7 project is missing". I had run this successfully on another server with version 6.2. Can I just copy the files over from that version?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Sharon,

Could you please verify your 3.7 project is running on SP4 and .NET 4 and under IIS and it is standard edition? The steps you need to take in order to upgrade your 3.7 solution to SP4 are described in our Documentation. Please complete them and then you can proceed to migrate your solution successfully. Complete steps necessary to be done to migrate the 3.7 Project to 7.0 can be found here.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

My old site is 3.7sp4 .Net 4 standard edition.  

I found I was missing the Module3.7_SP4_NET40.zip file in Sitefinity 7.0  I manually copied that file from the copy provided with Sitefinity 6.2 and followed the directions for manually setting up for migration published at http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/migrating-your-sitefinity-3-7-project/manual-migration-setup

Then I was able to run the migration module. Thanks!

Hello Sharon,

I am glad you have been able to migrate the project successfully.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Thanks. At this point I can run the Migration Module. This website has a very, very long way to go before it is migrated successfully.

This thread is closed