Product categories not supported? What eComm app doesn't

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:44

Product categories not supported? What eComm app doesn't have Categories?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

After a quick look (15 min tops) one of the first things I noticed is that the the eCommerce module doesn't support categories, they can't be assigned to a product in the back end and you can't display by categories on the front end. This is extremely short sighted unless you're designing an eCommerce module that supports max 10 products only. I gave up on trying to create my own product module using SDK as it was just too complicated (went w/ third party solution) I was hoping that this module would allow me to go back to an integrated Sitefinity solution but it's looking that I may have to wait yet another year before it has some basic required features.

Are categories planned for the release? Seems like a must have feature to me.

Regards,
Phill

Edit: I realize this is just a preview, but with only 11 days left to the scheduled release of the next update to SF that's supposed to include eComm, I think that a basic feature like categories should already be present or we're yet again going to have an un-tested product released to us.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Phill Hodgkinson,

The module is going to support category like classifications. They are going to be called Departments and this is going to be available with the official release.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed