Image permissions result in error when used as product image

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:13

Image permissions result in error when used as product images [4.2.1650]

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

When image permissions are set, it hides it nicely when an image is used on a page if the viewer hasn't got view permissions. However if that image is used as a product image, the site comes to a grinding halt when browsing to the product page...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce your problem. Here is the scenario I tried:

1. I go to Ecommerce > Products and create a general product with an image (upload the image using Image manager)
2. Create a page with Product list widget and publish it
3. Go to Content > Images and set permissions for the image - view only for administrator
4. Login with non admin user, or just logout and navigate the page
As a result: I don't see the image, but the product appears correctly

Can you tell me if I'm missing something and provide some exact steps to follow. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hey Petya,

I've done almost exactly the same, just set the image to the author group instead of the admin group.
The product detailpage displays the product correctly (show one product).

But the product overviewpage (widget>edit>show all published products) results in a crash.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Jochem,

I managed to reproduce the issue and I'm logging it as a bug which you can follow here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/7497. I'm updating your Telerik points.

Best wishes,
Petya
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2011 00:00

Hey Petya,

Thanks!

This thread is closed