the little things...

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:27

the little things...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

A few quirks & suggestions I came across:

Allow non whole buying amounts.
Currently only whole numbers (integers) are allowed when buying a product. Chemical wholesale is usually done in fractured numbers. Farm feed & fertilizer prices are usually in tonnage but allowing for 2.5 ton orders etc...

Even if you don't open it up in Sitefinity yet, the db and code relies on amount being of type integer atm and it shouldn't.

Discount can't be bigger than total.
Discount currently allows for a certain amount of money to be discounted, however if discount > total, then discount = total resulting in a free order and not a negative sales total.

Discounts should be applied before tax calculation.
In checkout summaries it looks silly and confusing, see screenshot attached.

Discounts amounts.
Discounts amounts shouldn't be represented by the $ sign, in a multi currency environment this is confusing.

Allow more than 2 decimals for pricing.
Gasoline prices are usually displayed with 3 digits behind the decimal seperator € 1,608. There are probably more industries this applies to and prices are stored with more digits in db anyway.

[ec_cart_adress] table doesn't get emptied.
After cart turns to order the table doesn't get emptied, nor when order is deleted and thus stores every single adress ever used in the system while serving no obvious purpose.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,
I appologize for the delayed answer

• Allow non whole buying amounts - This is a very good suggestion and I thank you for it. We have logged your request in our TFS system and try to implement it for some future release. You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 7549 
  • Discount can't be bigger than total - the issue is logged in our system  and forwarded for fixing.
    You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 7552
  • Discounts should be applied before tax calculation - the issue is logged in our system  and forwarded for fixing. You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 7554.
  •  Discounts amounts - your request in our TFS system and forwarded for review.  You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 7555
  • Allow more than 2 decimals for pricing - your request in our TFS system and forwarded for review.  You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 7556.
  • [ec_cart_adress] table doesn't get emptied -  You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 7558 

I updtaed your Telerik points.

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Sonya,

No worries and thanks!

Jochem

This thread is closed