Product localization and multiple currencies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:06

Product localization and multiple currencies

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a requirement where the shop needs to support multiple languages (German, Dutch, French and English) and two currencies (EUR and CHF).

Originally I assumed that products would be localizable like any other content item in Sitefinity but either I'm doing something wrong or it is not possible to create different language versions of a product. Is this correct? If so, how is localization of a shop and its products supposed to work? Create separate products for each language version and assign them to a language "department" so they can be filtered by department in the front end? That doesn't seem right ...

Second question: Is it possible to assign two or more currencies to a product? The products in this particular project need to have two prices, one in EUR and one in CHF. I have set the supported currencies in Store settings -> Currency and Location -> SupportedCurrenciesConfig to EUR and CHF but there doesn't seem to be any way to take advantage of these settings as I can only assign a single price to a product in the default currency, which is EUR. What am I doing wrong?

Any hints would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Does anybody have any input on this? I'm supposed to evaluate the e-commerce module for a client project and am due to deliver the evaluation very soon. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Hardy,

Thank you for your intereset in Sitefinity eCommerce Module.
Unfortunately for the Sitefinity 4.2 release localizing products is not supported. The feature is something we will add to the future release of Sitefinity eCommerce.
Regarding your second question, at the moment it is not possible to assign two or more currencies to a product.
But can you give me more information like should payments be accepted in both currencies? or is it a display only field which shows the Price of the Product in two currencies?
If it is a display only requirement you can do it using Product Types and Custom Properties. You can add a custom property for price in CHF and it will showup in the product detail.

All the best,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Thank you, Venkata. If localization isn't supported in the current release of the e-commerce module we'll have to look for another solution which is unfortunate as I had hoped to fulfil the requirements with Sitefinity.

Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

For now I can live for a moment with just one language, but of course it is very needed to have multiple languages for products. Any estimate on when this will be part of the module?

Taken the architecture of Sitefinity 4.x it shouldn't be difficult to built in this multilingual functionality, right?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Yes, multiple language translations will be added in future versions of Sitefinity eCommerce. We are planning to have this feature in Sitefinity 4.3.

Best wishes,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello, currently using Kentico CMS but very happy if we started working in SiteFintiy. Necessity is, of course, the possibility of locating products side and I can appreciate Produto in different currencies. Pricníp work should be simple.
The user can choose the currency in the basket.
  If the existence of a price in the currency used to this. If not calculated the price using the exchange rate.

Can you please tell me when the estimate could be these features available?
Thanks you

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Jan Mucha,

Localizing products in planned for Sitefinity 4.3 release. You can also see other features that will be next release in the roadmap here.
I have forwarded your request of having products in different currencies and choosing currency while checking out to the team.

Regards,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed