Product title and description encoding

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:42

Product title and description encoding

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi i have problem wiht encoding in ecommerce product. Text in page working normaly. Problem is in only product. I use Sitefinity_4.2_hotfix_1.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jan,

The problem is that the url is generated right form the title and when you have questionmarks "?" in the title they appear in the url too. This can cause problems as the "?" is reserved symbol for query string parameters. That's why the validation don't passes.

I suggest you to either avoid "?" in the title of the content block item or to change the url.

Kind regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello, you've probably misunderstood me. The symbol "?" is updated automatically. The original text that I entered into the form is "MS Office 2010 - knihovna 15 výukových kurzů (CS)" after save is "MS Office 2010 - 15 in the library? Hammer? S course? (EN)"

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Jan Mucha,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply.

This is a bug in the E-commerce which I logged and you can follow it by this Public URL

P.S: I've increased you Telerik points for finding the bug.

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed