Exception when checking out

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:35

Exception when checking out

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

On my checkout page, when going from step 3 to 4, I'm getting an exception:

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Bad Data.

What could this be? I've disabled the login required option...

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey Daniel,

That's a bug introduced in the Hotfix, you currently can't use offline payment methods.
It tries to store a creditcard number securely but since you've used an offline payment method there isn't any...

I've reported it to Ivan on the 21st of August, straight after the hotfix came out but they haven't posted a new hotfix with that extra if-statement yet...

Only current work around is to create a creditcard method and in Settings >> Advanced >> Ecommerce check the 'BypassPaymentProcessor' so it won't actually go out and try it. Downside is that you'll have to enter a CC number everytime to test checkouts.

---

On a side note, since you've already started the checkout process, there's no way to open a new window, add that payment method and go back to your checkout, refresh the page and select the new method.

Because you already started the checkout process it gets attached to it. Only way to resolve it is empty your cart and delete your cookies. That will leave an orphaned order record in the db, but at least you can continue with the checkout process....

J.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

As Jochem mentioned, this bug was introduced in Hotfix1 version of Sitefinity. Here is Public URL for the bug.
This bug will be fixed for the upcoming Service Pack 1 release. In the mean time you can use the workaround that Jochem suggested - Create a payment method other than offline payment and use "BypassPaymentProcessing" to by pass the payment.

I apologize if it caused any inconvenience.

All the best,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Jochem and Venkata,

Thanks for the replies. I'll use the workaround for now.
Inconvenience? Yes, I actually can't work with this module when these bugs are still there.

When can we expect the SP1?

Thanks,

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Service Pack will be released in late September.

Kind regards,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed