Can credit cards be processed through an API?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:00

Can credit cards be processed through an API?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

I'm converting an existing site to Sitefinity. The site has one page for collecting donations. We  currently have an Authorize.net account and use a 3rd party component for processing the credit cards. I'm having trouble running the 3rd party credit card processing component in Sitefinity (may not be compatible with windows7/2008). I was wondering if theres an API that the E-Commerce module uses that  I could tap into for processing credit cards. For this site I don't need a shopping cart or any of the other nice extra's that the E-Commerce comes with.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi David,

There is an API for payment processing of credit cards. You can find it here.
I will try to provide you with a sample code.

We have plans to implement  "Points based Shopping Cart" as one of our features for future versions of Sitefinity eCommerce.
However the current version of Sitefinity has limited capabilities in extending the eCommerce system

Adding custom payment methods is not supported in this release. However it is in something we are looking into for the next release of Sitefinity.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed