Quick rundown on [4.2.1733]

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:58

Quick rundown on [4.2.1733]

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2011 00:00

I haven't gone thru a thorough test this time, saving up for v4.3 when most of the issues will be fixed. Thanks for the great improvements and optimization, feels even better than the 1650-build!

---

Order details still show undefined (xxx xxx xxx) instead of name of payment method.
I've raised this before, but browsed through PITS to see if it's resolved (not scheduled/Q3) but couldn't find the issue. Same goes for shipping information where it shows the programming name (BE says its a internal reference) as the carrier.

In the checkout process (step 4 Preview) the Shipping method shows the correct Shipping Method name but the Payment method doesn't display the payment methodsname if an offline payment method is used.

Checkout > shipping tab lost its number formatting.
On step 2 of the checkout process the tax and total field lost their formatting when selecting shipping option. 
Also discounts are shown even if no discount is defined or applied.
(The formatting was correct on v4.2.1650 and the discount is removed on the preview tab hence the mention).

Assign customer to role in product - but role removed results in checkout error.
This one's still open, but even after removal of the blocking product, the checkout still can't proceed.
(also no PITS link available to verify current status)

Order numbers are increased by the number of order attempts, not by succesfully placed orders.
It took me 8 attempts on the above issue before I simply removed the cookie and started fresh with a new order. 
Order number jumped from #2 to #10. This will leave major gap in accounting...

Back end overview of Customer & Order shows incorrect email adress.
On both views it references the Billing FirstName and Billing LastName but it shows the email adress of the registered backend user instead of the billing email address.

Order status only displays 'Paid' or 'Shipped'.
I imagine we have status like 'Pending', 'Paid', 'Shipped' AND 'Paid & Shipped'.  Also the ability to uncheck a status would be highly appreciated in case a payment gets cancelled or a shipment returned.

Will there be an option to manually define a status? Like creditcard or wire payments have 'processing payment' and 'processing shipment' to signal that it's being processed? Since its not just a BE status but also used on order details/invoices I think it would be valuable.

Reports (although they're still in beta)
Reports only show orders marked as 'paid'. The normal status 'pending' which gets automatically assigned to an order, results in nothing displayed. Region reports just grab the billing city. Country or shipping city/country is not an option.

---

Checkout logins are marked as cms login.
Currently login is required as the default checkout method. However if using that 'login-method' it logs out the backend person using that account. (In chrome login to the backend with the admin account, on firefox checkout a product with the admin account). 

A) 
I was under the impression that there are no restrictions to concurrent front end users with every edition. 

The current way logins are handled implies there can be only 5 concurrent registered users shopping on the site correct? (5 concurrent users on standard edition+ecommerce add-on, 10 concurrent users for professional edition)

I don't have 11 diff browsers on 1 machine to test it locally sorry. But if I 'log in' an editor in the checkout and I 'log in' an admin in the backend it is marked as a 2 active logins in the [sf_lic_user_activity].

B)
A 'front end login', which a checkout user is required to do, should redirect to the user-login widget instead of the sitefinity BE login screen no? Or will this remain the standard way of ecommerce login, forcing us to build a custom BE login screen for every project?

---

Incorrect tax application.
I've already filed the PITS issue explaining that taxes don't get applied correctly, but I see its 'status' as not being scheduled. I'm sure there's a mistake there right? This will be fixed in v4.3 so people living outside of Texas can do proper tax calculations?

J.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Order details still show undefined (xxx xxx xxx) instead of name of payment method.

This bug is not fixed for the service pack but is in our schedule.

Checkout > shipping tab lost its number formatting.
Thank you for reporting this, here is the PITS link for this bug.

Assign customer to role in product - but role removed results in checkout error.
Thank you for reporting this, here is the PITS link for this bug.

Order numbers are increased by the number of order attempts, not by succesfully placed orders.

Back end overview of Customer & Order shows incorrect email adress.

Order status only displays 'Paid' or 'Shipped'.

At the moment in our roadmap, we do not have anything defined for this, but this is a very good suggestion and I will make sure the team knows about it so that they can plan and implement this.

Reports (although they're still in beta)
Yes, we will continue to work on the reports

Checkout logins are marked as cms login.
A) 

I am waiting to hear back from the team on this, I will update you as soon as I have something to share

B)
The checkout widget has a LoginUrl property which can be used to redirect users of the Ecommerce system to your own login page, this can be found at CheckoutWidget->Edit->Advanced->LoginUrl

Incorrect tax application.
Yes, VAT/taxes have been reworked for 4.3

Regards,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hey Venkata,

No apology needed, there wasn't any rush with these and the post was mostly to confirm PITS issues. 

The CheckoutWidget has a LoginUrl property? Really? Wow, only proves to show how little I still know about the entire system. Sweet, will give it a go!

Thanks for taking the time to respond and have a great weekend,
Jochem.

This thread is closed