Product list widget filter by department missing

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:35

Product list widget filter by department missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've just been trying out the ecommerce features, I've added a few departments and a few products. I created a page and put the product list widget on there, edited the widget and found I only have "By Dates" as an option in display Selection of Products. I assumed something must be wrong because it would be hilarious if an ecommerce product didn't allow you to display products from one category only, so I checked the documentation and it says there should that option (as well as display by tag, which I haven't got either).

So, any thoughts on why department and tags isn't an option for me?

thanks

Edit: btw, SF 4.2.1733

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Nick,

We've already replied in your support thread.That is a problem with the current release of Sitefinity 4.2 SP1. We have resolved the issue for the upcoming release of Sitefinity 4.3 due the end of next week.

Best wishes,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Whilst I appreciate the update I've got to ask... how does a problem like that get through to release? 

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Nick,

Actually, Ecommerce was officially released in Sitefinity 4.2 and for its first release we have implemented the main functionality and were focused on making sure that they work fine. In the upcoming 4.3 version we'll improve Ecommerce, by adding new features and fixes to the issues, reported by our customers. We have pointed most of them out on our Sitefinity Roadmap. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2011 00:00

I downloaded the 4.3 trial on November 6th and I'm also seeing this issue.  I added several departments and added products to each department.  However, when I I'm in page edit mode there is no Department widget in the ECommerce widget list which contains the folloing:

Product List
Buy Now
Shopping cart summary
Checkout
Orders list
Order invoice
Google conversion

--Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey Steve,

Departments are a part of 'taxonomy', similar to tags and categories, and as such the widget is displayed under the 'Classification' section of the widget toolbox.

As you can see on the attached screenshot, its on the right under the 'Tags' widget.
You can add the widget to the ecommerce section if you'd like by go to Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Toolboxes >> Toolboxes >> PageControls >> Sections And then copy/paste from Classifications the Departments and paste them under Ecommerce.

On a side note:
The 'product list' widget in v4.3 supports filtering on departments, dates and tags and you can sort them under the 'List settings' tab.

The Default sorting methods: Featured, Best Selling and Rating currently don't work. It's already a known issue, but I can't tell you the PITS link out of the top of my head...

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Jochem,

Perfect -- thanks!

-- Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi guys,

The work on the issue with the default sorting methods in Product widget is in progress.  Featured, Best Selling and Rating sorting criterias will be available in December with the 4.4 version of Sitefinity.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed