BE: Product Add/Edit image upload bug [4.3.1873]]

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:41

BE: Product Add/Edit image upload bug [4.3.1873]]

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey,

When creating a product in the Sitefinity backend and you click on 'add image' and then upload from pc you're presented with the where do you want to store the image. If you select 'create new library' the system goes bonkers.

Instead of opening the 'create library' in a modal pop-up as it should, it opens the entire screen in a sort of iframe and doesn't jump back out of it. Even after creating the library and storing the image, the add-product page is opened inside the frame.

Attached you'll find 2 images, which makes much more sense than my textual description....
I'm on latest release Chrome, with maximized screen and out-of-the-box installation without any style/theme customizations.

Jochem 

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,

I apologize for the discomfort. Indeed, this is a UI bug. I just logged it into our system and created a PITS issue, so you can follow its progress:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/8428
Thanks for the report. I updated your Telerik points.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Svetoslav,

Don't worry, no animals were hurt during the discovery of the bug :)

It was actually fun to see how the product overview gets loaded in the background and the product edit loaded inside the frame after you created the library and confirmed the image... How'd you guys manage to pull that off?

J.

Hi Jochem,

I am not sure what is causing the bug, I know there have been changes in the MultiImageField and I suppose something has gone wrong there. 
I can assure you that our developers will work on the bug and fix it very soon.
Again, thanks for the report.

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed