SF v4.3.1873 Cosmetics

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:04

SF v4.3.1873 Cosmetics

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey,

I've come across some minor issues with the new release...

Taxation of non-shippable products goes off the reservation
When under Ecommerce >> StoreSettings TaxesSettings are set to include taxes (both manually+ automatically) and the selected tax from the dropdown is a Shipping tax, then 'non-shippable' products are incorrectly taxed. In the product listing and shoppingcart, the product is listed as it should, but as soon as you checkout, the checkout process switches to esxcluding tax and calculates 0% Tax.

When both a 'shippable' and a 'non-shippable' product are checked out, both products are taxed according to the tax set in TaxSettings.

After buying a non-shippable product the shippingcountry is not read back from profile.
To reproduce:
1. Buy a general product. Fill in different shipping & billing address. Finish the checkout process.
2. Buy a software product. (adress already filled in). Finish the checkout process.
3. Buy a general product. On the shipping adress fields, all fields are retrieved from step 1, except the country which is reset to Algeria (first in dropdown).

Product details doesn't generate a new page, just an 'inline' update....
When viewing the productlist widget, clicking on a product brings up the details as an 'inline' update and not as a new page. All the other widgets displayed on the product overview page are displayed aswell. I know it's stated so in the design but SF standard, as set by Blogs & News, dictate a clean new page.

As an add-on to the previous issue, if one has more than one product list widget (even when it's filtered not to display a certain product/department) when clicking on a product, brings up the detail view, which is repeated for each productlisting on the page. This also goes, for the 'Buy Now' widget.

2 product list widget + 1 buy now widget on 1 page = 3 identical product detail views on 1 page)
Department widget sorting differ between Departments/add product/Department widget.
Departments on the Ecommerce >> Products >> Create Product BE page have a different sorting than Departments in the BE Ecommerce >> Departments. On the department widget, the main departments are sorted similar, but child departments are sorted differently.
(see sf431873-department_sorting.png - left:BE Department, middle: Add product, right: Department widget)
Product List >> Detail Templates: 'Different template...' changes sort order in overview.
The default 'Newest first' gets overridden by the new detail template setting.
(see sf431873-product_sorting.png)
---

I've posted some remarks about types/description fields already with regards to checkout, order and invoices but since they've changed since last release:

Order details displays country code instead of country name
Order details display payment method 'type' and not payment method 'description'.

Invoice displays country code instead of country name
Invoice displays payment method 'type' and not payment method 'description'.
Invoice displays shipping carrier/service internal name, not display name.

BE Order detail doesn't display shipping method.
BE Order detail displays country code instead of country name

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. And apologies for taking long to respond, I have logged tickets in PITS for these issues.

1. Taxation of non-shippable and shippable items in the shopping cart. :  PITS
  2. After buying a non-shippable product the shippingcountry is not read back from profile.: PITS
  3. Department widget sorting differ between Departments/add product/Department widget.: PITS
  4. Product List >> Detail Templates: 'Different template...' changes sort order in overview." PITS
Can you explain more on what you mean by the details are just an "inline update"? Clicking on the details brings up a auto-generated new page which is of the same layout as the product list control. Also you can pick any exsisting page which will also open your product details in a new page that you specified. So can you provide more information on what you mean by inline update

Best wishes,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey Venkata,

No apologies needed for the delayed response, as the title already suggested it weren't important issues.

Well the 'inline update' is just a crummy description on my part, sorry for that.

What I meant to say was actually an addition to the '20111101 #5' issue. It opens a generated new page under a different url, but it looks like it 'just' updates the product result set. Instead of displaying for instance 1 detail set and 1 overview, it displays 2x the same product (see attached screenshots).

I reported this already, but the 'Buy Now' widget sometimes seems to be affected on some occasions as well. Haven't completely figured out yet which filter/sort combo does the trick, but wanted to mention it in case you guys are looking into it already. I'll post on update when I know the exact conditions of course...

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,

Thank you for clarifying the issue. I have logged a ticket in PITS for this issue. Here is the PITS link for the bug.

Greetings,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey Grace,

Thanks! When I've got an update I'll relay it to the PITS issue aswell...

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks for that list, I just noticed the sort change when changing templates as well. I would like to add to this list though.... Can we have a way, possibly based on the single item templates, to change the template of the item selected in the Buy Now module? I have rearranged the single items to display better for me but I can't for the Buy Now items. Thanks!

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have logged it as a feature request.

I also have a workaround for you the time being. If you want to modify just the visual appearance of your Buy it now control, you can simply create a custom template based on the default one we're using, and then map it to all instances of the widget throughout Sitefinity, or pass it to one widget on a page. For more information on mapping external templates to Sitefinity 4.x widgets, please check these resources:
Customizing Sitefinity 4 Controls with the ViewMap
Mapping External Templates for Sitefinity 4 Widgets

I have also included the CSS code of the Buy it now control if you wish to modify the Buy it now control.

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="BuyNowViewCustom.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.BuyNowViewCustom" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sfOrders" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI.Fields" TagPrefix="sfCatalog" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %> 

<div id="widgetStatus" runat="server" visible="false" class="sfErrorSummary sfTopMsg"
    <asp:Label ID="widgetStatusMessage" runat="server" /> 
</div> 
<div class="sfproductDetailsWrp"
    <telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false"
        <LayoutTemplate> 
            <div class="sfproductDetails sfproductBuyNow sfClearfix"
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" /> 
            </div> 
        </LayoutTemplate> 
        <ItemTemplate> 
            <div class="sfproductImgsWrp"
                <div class="sfproductMainImgWrp"
                    <asp:HyperLink runat="server" ID="productImage" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("ThumbnailUrl") %>'  /> 
                </div> 
            </div> 
            <div class="sfproductInfoWrp"
                <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="productInformationPanel"
                    <h1 class="sfproductTitle"><asp:Literal ID="productTitle" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' /></h1> 
                    <div class="sfproductPrice"
                        <sfCatalog:DisplayPriceField ID="DisplayPriceField1" runat="server" ObjectType="Product" ObjectId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' /> 
                    </div> 
                    <sf:ProductDynamicFields id="productDynamicFields" runat="server" ProductItem='<%# Page.GetDataItem() %>'></sf:ProductDynamicFields> 
                    <div class="sfproductDescription"><asp:Literal ID="productDescription" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Description") %>' /></div> 
                </asp:Panel> 
            </div> 
            </ItemTemplate> 
    </telerik:RadListView> 
    <div class="sfAddToCartWrp"
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="buyNowButton" Text="<%$Resources:OrdersResources, BuyNowButton %>" CssClass="sfAddToCartBtn" /> 
    </div> 
</div>

Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Best wishes,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

Thank you very much, I found the template and modified it a little, but I can't move the Buy Now button to show up underneath the price. The following code works but shows two buttons. If I remove the bottom button it gives me the error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What am I doing wrong?

01.<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
02.<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sfOrders" %>
03.<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI.Fields" TagPrefix="sfCatalog" %>
04.<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
05.<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
06.<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
07.<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
08.<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
10.<div id="widgetStatus" runat="server" visible="false" class="sfErrorSummary sfTopMsg">
11.    <asp:Label ID="widgetStatusMessage" runat="server" />
12.</div>
13.<div class="sfproductDetailsWrp">
14.    <telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
15.        <LayoutTemplate>
16.            <div class="sfproductDetails sfproductBuyNow sfClearfix">
17.                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
18.            </div>
19.        </LayoutTemplate>
20.        <ItemTemplate>
21.<h1 class="sfproductTitle"><asp:Literal ID="productTitle" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' /></h1>
22.            <div class="sfproductImgsWrp">
23.                <div class="sfproductMainImgWrp">
24.                    <asp:HyperLink runat="server" ID="productImage" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("ThumbnailUrl") %>'  />
26.</br>
27.</br>
28.</br>            
29.<div class="sfproductPrice">
30.                        <sfCatalog:DisplayPriceField runat="server" ObjectType="Product" ObjectId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' />
31.                    </div>
33.<div class="sfAddToCartWrp">
34.        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="buyNowButton" Text="<%$Resources:OrdersResources, BuyNowButton %>" CssClass="sfAddToCartBtn" />
35.    </div>
38.  </div>
42.            </div>
46.            <div class="sfproductInfoWrp">
47.                <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="productInformationPanel">
50.                    <sf:ProductDynamicFields id="productDynamicFields" runat="server" ProductItem='<%# Page.GetDataItem() %>'></sf:ProductDynamicFields>
51.                    <div class="sfproductDescription"><asp:Literal ID="productDescription" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Description") %>' /></div>
52.                </asp:Panel>
53.            </div>
54.            </ItemTemplate>
55.    </telerik:RadListView>
57.<div class="sfAddToCartWrp">
58.        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="buyNowButton" Text="<%$Resources:OrdersResources, BuyNowButton %>" CssClass="sfAddToCartBtn" />
59.    </div>
62.</div>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

I set visible="false" for the bottom button, but is there a better way?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

My suggestion would be since the button is a required field but you want to hide the field would be to set the button to "style=display:none" in the CSS.

Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Ok, I assumed the bottom button would just disappear and the top one would work, but it does not. I assume this is because a working button must be outside of:

</ItemTemplate</telerik:RadListView>
If it is inside, it just posts back, but doesn't go to the cart. What do I have to do to make a working button appear underneath my product in the previous template code? Thank you

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have done some additional testing with the Buy it now widget. The Buy it now button does have to stay outside of the RadListView because the control is expecting to have the button declared outside the RadListView. The widget is a container and in that container there are several controls and some of these controls might have their own containers. The main container is expecting to find the Buy it now button in its own container but since the button was moved into another container, it will not be visible to the widget(container)

I have a workaround for you. I have rearranged the controls inside the ListView. Here is the code.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sfOrders" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI.Fields" TagPrefix="sfCatalog" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<div id="widgetStatus" runat="server" visible="false" class="sfErrorSummary sfTopMsg">
</div>
<div class="sfproductDetailsWrp">
    <telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
        <LayoutTemplate>
            <div class="sfproductDetails sfproductBuyNow sfClearfix">
            </div>
        </LayoutTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate>
            <div class="sfproductImgsWrp">
                <div class="sfproductMainImgWrp">
                    <asp:HyperLink runat="server" ID="productImage" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("ThumbnailUrl") %>'  />
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="sfproductInfoWrp">
                <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="productInformationPanel">
                    <h1 class="sfproductTitle"><asp:Literal ID="productTitle" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' /></h1>
                    <div class="sfproductDescription"><asp:Literal ID="productDescription" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Description") %>' /></div>
                    <div class="sfproductPrice">
                        <sfCatalog:DisplayPriceField ID="DisplayPriceField1" runat="server" ObjectType="Product" ObjectId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' />
                    </div>
            </div>
            </ItemTemplate>

<div class="sfAddToCartWrp">
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="buyNowButton" Text="<%$Resources:OrdersResources, BuyNowButton %>" CssClass="sfAddToCartBtn" />
    </div>
</div>

Please let know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2011 00:00

Thank you for taking the time to help, but I am trying to get the price and a working button under the product image, I don't need the other one. Is there a way to get it into the right container with it placed there under the image? I'm happy with my code except for that the button doesn't work where it should. Thank you!

Eric

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>

<div id="widgetStatus" runat="server" visible="false" class="sfErrorSummary sfTopMsg">
</div>
<div class="sfproductDetailsWrp">
    <telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
        <LayoutTemplate>
            <div class="sfproductDetails sfproductBuyNow sfClearfix">
            </div>
       </LayoutTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate>
            <div class="sfproductImgsWrp">
                <div class="sfproductMainImgWrp">

</br>
</br>
</br>           
<div class="sfproductPrice">
                        <sfCatalog:DisplayPriceField runat="server" ObjectType="Product" ObjectId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' />
                    </div>

</div>
  </div>
             </div>
            <div class="sfproductInfoWrp">
                <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="productInformationPanel">
                    <sf:ProductDynamicFields id="productDynamicFields" runat="server" ProductItem='<%# Page.GetDataItem() %>'></sf:ProductDynamicFields>
            </div>
            </ItemTemplate>

</div>

</div>

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately this won't work the way you are trying to do it now. You can hide the original button, but the new button that you add in the RadListView templates isn't hoocked to any events, so this is why when you click it it just posts back. The original behaviour of the button is to add the product to the shopping cart and to redirect to the checkout page. This is the code that we use in the default Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI.Views.BuyNowView control:

IShoppingCartAdder shoppingCartAdder = new ShoppingCartAdder();
string defaultCurrencyName = Config.Get<EcommerceConfig>().DefaultCurrency;
OptionsDetails optionsDetails = new OptionsDetails();
shoppingCartAdder.AddItemToShoppingCart(this, OrdersManager.GetManager(), this.Product, optionsDetails, 1, defaultCurrencyName);

The method that adds the item to the shopping cart has the following signature:

void AddItemToShoppingCart(IOrdersControl ordersControl, ICartOrderManager ordersManager, Product product, OptionsDetails optionDetails, int quantity, string currencyName);

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed