UPS Certification

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:57

UPS Certification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Has anyone got a Sitefinity site certified with UPS? Do you have and advice how to do this? I have the test url working and giving me shipping rates, but thats it. Sitefinity is supposed to put the shipping information into UPS but as far as I know, it must be done with a production key, which is received after you go through certification. Ive attached an image from their developer's guide with a list of requirements. Has anyone gone through this already? Or am I doing this completely wrong? Thanks.

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

I just got off the phone with UPS and from what I understand now, Sitefinity gets only shipping rates from UPS, nothing more. As UPS explained it to me, to get an order into their system from a shopping cart, the shopping cart must have the capability to print labels. Maybe we can hope for that one day, but for now Sitefinity's use of the term "integrated" ought to be changed to reflect this more clearly.

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

Sitefinity Ecommerce only gets the real time rates from UPS, meaning the merchant has to take care of shipping fulfillment. UPS has a tool that most merchants use to print labels and put an order into UPS's system. The software is called UPS World Ship. You can read more about UPS World Ship at http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/techsupport/worldship/index.html.

I will make sure our marketing team gets your request  and we will make changes accordingly.

Kind regards,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed