States in Shipping Section of Checkout

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:33

States in Shipping Section of Checkout

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Where are the list of states that are shown on the Shipping section of the Checkout widget retrieved from? And can that list be modified? (ex. add Guam)

I'd also like to show that list of states in a custom widget. So hopefully there's a way to retrieve the list too.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

After some investigating, it looks like the states that are listed in the Checkout widget are from a hard-coded list; there doesn't appear to be any way to modify the list.

So does that mean I need to write my own Checkout widget just so I can add some states to the list? Or is there a better solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Joyce,

At this time, the states are hardcoded and cannot be modified. You would need to write your custom checkout widget in order to modify the states. There will be a blog post out in a week or two that explains how to do a custom checkout.

This is the code if you wish to add this to a custom widget.

<telerik:RadComboBox id="ddStateShipping" runat="server" Skin="Sitefinity" Width="205" Height="250"  />

ddStateShipping.LoadUSStates();

I can submit a feature request on your behalf to have the states customizable. We are working very hard to implement new functionality.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed