E-Commerce Product Types: Custom Field labels not shown in s

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:09

E-Commerce Product Types: Custom Field labels not shown in single item product detail

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

I created an e-commerce product type named Video-On-Demand.  For this product type I added a Custom Field named "RunningTime" and set its "Label" property to "Running Time" (see attached screenshots).

When the product is displayed in the frontend in single item detail view the Custom Field value is displayed but the label is not.  So where I would expect the custom field to be displayed as the following:
Running Time: 1:38:49

it is displayed as:
: 1:38:49

Please see "single item product detail.png"

The custom field is pretty useless with a label identifying its purpose.  Is there workaround for this?

Thanks--Steve

Hi Jochem,

Not sure how I missed that one--thanks for pointing it out. 

A question for Telerik: why does this still not work the way it should?  Sitefinity is very expensive product and I'm finding it exteremely frustrating that we need to create time consuming goofy workarounds for things that really should work out of the box. 

--Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

My apologies again with the issues you are currently running into. We are constantly making improvements to Sitefinity and will continue to do everything in our power to make Sitefinity a great product.

Thank you for pointing this issue out for us. I have logged it into PITS and you can follow its progress there. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you and we will continue to do our best to improve this product.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns.

Greetings,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed