Custom - Interface Widget for Entering Data

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:54

Custom - Interface Widget for Entering Data

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

When trying to add a new custom field w/ a custom interface widget for data entry, to an e-commerce product type, I get the following error:

Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.sf_ec_prdct_xxx" cannot be resolved.

where xxx is the product type.   Is this a bug?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

FWIW
Restarting the web service seems to eliminate the error

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Victor,

Please let us know if you run into any other issues. We will be glad to assist you.

All the best,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Is there a tutorial on how to add this Widget?  While I want to create a custom control for a field of the product type, I'm concerned about the control setting and maintaining the product type property's value.

Thanks for all your help!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to us, and please excuse me for the delayed response.

When you're adding a custom field from the Custom fields for Module (module being your particular module in the backend) Sitefinity does three things for you:
1. Creates a data field in the database that would store the field values (it's added as another column for the module items table)
2. Creates the field UI (so next time you edit/create/view an item the field will be displayed and you can enter and view the entered data)
3. Creates the backend configuration settings section which sets the field properties.

What you're replacing when specifying Custom interface for entering data is Step 2 - this controls how the field will look in the backend and frontend, however please note that your field will still use the default field type settings (Step 3). i.e if you selected field of type ShortText but applied custom interface for entering data to be ImageField, you will have an ImageField, but it will use the TextField settings. We are planning at releasing a sample of creating a field control from scratch and implementing custom confogurtation  and data field, so it would cover all 3 steps above. The blog post should be out by the end of this week, in the meantime you can check this documentation section for more information on FieldControls concept in Sitefinity.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi

I'm facing Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.xxx" cannot be resolved. issue. 
What I try is :
1. Comment related configuration in DynamicModule.config
2. Delete related row in table

for point number 1 is not working, and for point number 2 is replacing the error message with similar error message but different line

list of table that I modify for point number 2
[dbo].[sf_control_properties]
[dbo].[sf_mb_dynamic_module_field]
[dbo].[sf_mb_dynamic_module_type]
[dbo].[sf_meta_data_mapping]
[dbo].[sf_meta_data_mapping]
[dbo].[sf_meta_types]
[dbo].[sf_presentation_data]
[dbo].[sf_schema_vrsns_meta_types]
[dbo].[sf_url_data]
[dbo].[sf_vesion_items]

We have roll back the code to last known working version but it still not working

Appreciate any guide and help

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Herbert,

Could you please give us more details on what you have done before getting this exception, when it occurred? Where is the exception thrown? Please, keep in mind that manually modifying the configurations and database is not recommended, since it could lead to unpredictable results.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed