Future Payment Gateways?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 04:12

Future Payment Gateways?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

I have a question about Payment Gateways and future versions of Ecommerce. Currently there are only three payment gateways supported-- Authorize.net, PayFlow Pro and Sage.Net-- a very small number. It appears that these are being individually coded by Telerik.

Is it possible for Telerik to incorporate a separate .NET Payment Processor component like NSoftware's E-Payment Integrator which supports more than 40 Payment Gateways and is PCI PA-DSS validated into Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi, Rick
Thank you for your post. We are familiar with NSoftware and their E-Integrator solution they offer for payment gateways. However, even though they offer a great product, it would be very difficult to support this in Sitefinity Ecommerce as a bundled product. Our main concerns is payments of any kind are the most critical part of an ecommerce system and because this is a 3rd party product, support can only be from NSoftware and not Telerik. My other concern is the end user license agreement they have for customers who use their software contains text like "not able to compete" with NSoftware, which could cause some issues in the future for Telerik and Sitefinity Ecommerce.
However, we are considering adding to our existing payment provider the methods for a programmer to add in their own payment gateway which could include NSfotware integrator solution. Our current payment provider method is still not fully built out, and we will highly consider looking at the ability of adding NSoftware in our payment provider methods.

Thank you again for your post.
And please continue to provide us suggestions and feedback!

Best regards,
Steve Miller

Author Stevo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

Steve, thanks for the response. I think giving the program some kind of module option for adding the NSoftware E-Payment Integrator would be a good option. It would create a smoother pathway for someone to gain access to a large pool of Gateways.

Rick

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

What about the ability to create your own payment provider implementation that would allow us to leave the website to navigate to the website of e.g. a bank? I know it is on the list somewhere, but just wondering when it will be there?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,
good question.
You can use the one page checkout shown here
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/stevemiller/posts/12-04-13/sitefinity_ecommerce_custom_checkout_ndash_part_1.aspx
and create a custom connection into any 3rd party service...including a Bank and assuming they have any API for you to follow.

The payment provider we currently have will be enhanced thoughout new versions and updates, to accomendate requests such as this.
Until then, I hope this blog post helps.
thank you Rick.
Steve

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Is there any news about the problem you've mentioned since I have same issue?

Regards,
Mehdi

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Mehdi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We have replied to the support ticket you had open on the same topic, however for your convenience please find our response below as well:

"
Unfortunately we do not have such functionality as an out - of - the - box from Sitefinity. Right now any processor which leaves the site for processing transaction is not supported by Sitefinity Ecommerce.

Let me explain the issue in more detail, the Payment Provider can hold any type of processor, even the ones that leave the website for payment processing. The issue is with the workflow of order processing, which is Synchronous at the moment, but will have to be changed to asynchronous workflow to accommodate response from provider.

However you can currently achieve the functionality by writing a Custom Checkout Control to have your own payment / order workflow. You can call any processor and process the order any way you want.

You can check the following blog posts, which we have on our developers network, which contain code samples and ideas on how to achieve the desired result:

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity_ecommerce_-_pre-purchasing_processing_hook

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity_ecommerce_custom_checkout_ndash_part_1

www.sitefinity.com/.../posts

Let me know if you have any other questions.

"

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

If you are looking for an alternative payments solution, it might be worthwhile looking at Authipay, www.authipay.com. It is relatively new, competitive and also offers combined merchant accounts. I would definitely recommend it. 

This thread is closed