Ecommerce suggestions

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:55

Ecommerce suggestions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi team,

Just a wrap up of some needed functionality. Maybe these features can be implemented somewhere down the road?

• Show a counter like: Page 1 of 13 | 100 products
  • Show paging controls both on the top and bottom of the product list 
  • Ability to add custom taxonomies to the Filter Widget (filters property)
  • Ability to use payment gateways that can leave the webshop, do the payment, return to the webshop.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I know the last one is in the works. I'll pass the rest on to the Ecommerce team.

Regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions.  We have now released the first three requests in Sitefinity 5.2 SP 1.  You can read about these requests in the Sitefinity 5.2 SP1 release notes.

Thank you for your input.

Greetings,
Teresa
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Really hope no. 4 makes it to 5.3. In most of Europe we use 3D security where this functionallity is manditory.

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am afraid that this feature request is not implemented in our latest released version Sitefinity 5.3. However I hope that we will be able to implemented it soon.

Thank you again for pointing our the needed of such functionality.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Thanks for the feedback!

You should make this your first priority for the Ecommerce team. Checkouts outside US/Canada/Australia are VERY messy with the current solution. PayPal Payflow Pro is only supported in those countries.

Support for PayPal Express and 3D security support where clients have to leave the site are mandatory in the rest of the world (that is actually MOST of the world...)

This MUST be supported in 6.0!

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have forwarded this information to our Ecommerce team. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2013 00:00

Thanks, but this is already taken well care of, and the suggestion is submitted to PITS for voting.

But Ecommerce suggestions submitted directly through PITS seams to just disappear into one big black hole...

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2013 00:00

I'm loosing money every day!!!

Just to underline one more time how important the possibility of 3D secure payment process and support for PayPal Express is, here are some numbers for you.

I run the store ThrottleStore.Com, witch is run on an old solution I made myself 8-9 years ago. My plan for 2012 and 2013 is to move this store on to the Sitefinity platform. I'm moving the business gradually over to Sitefinity Ecommerce by taking one market over at the time. We have our main warehouse in Scandinavia, and a small warehouse in Shenzhen China. Products at the Chinese warehouse are now made available on the new domain HobbyEurope.Com.

This way I can test live every aspect on running on Sitefinity Ecommerce and develop the solution to a point where I can move the whole business over to the new platform.

And by running two solutions, one well proven for several years and the new site parallel, I'm able to compare both solutions performance.

On ThrottleStore.Com supporting 3D Secure payments and PayPal Express, my checkout fall out rate is around 50%. This is fairly good.

On HobbyEurope.Com (Sitefinity Ecommerce) the checkout fall out rate is 80%!

Implementation of 3D Secure/PayPal Express is really messy, and I'm in no way happy with the checkout experience I'm able to give my customers. The fall out rate also tells me that I'm right about this not being nearly satisfactory.

I do not see how I can improve the checkouts performance before the API/Checkout supports 3D Secure payments by default. When this is done I see no reason for why the checkout fall out rate not should be at the same numbers as on my old store. THIS WILL MORE THAN DOUBLE MY SALES OVERNIGHT!

This feature is also one of the most voted for on PITS, so it should be made your top priority! No more loosing money!

Keep up the good work! The Ecommerce module is getting better by each new release!

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2013 00:00

Dear Ole,

I understand your situation and the importance of 3D Secure.  Until this feature is released you could create your own checkout process and incorporate PayPal Express Checkout and 3D Secure.  The Custom Checkout blog can help you get started on the implementation.  

All the best,
Teresa
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2013 00:00

Teresa,

Been there, done that :-) I'm up and running, but it is still quite messy.

Just make sure that the default checkout supports leaving the site in the payment step in 5.5. This is the one thing that cannot wait any longer i Ecommerce :-)

Thanks,
OC

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi all

We also need an 3D integration to Epay which also leaves the site, but even that we are running Sitefinity 6.0 there are still not such an option.  This is very bad for business, we are thinking leaving the Ecommerce, its a bad idea to ask us to code our own "Custom chechout page", this was basiclly why we bought the Ecommerce module, to be free for coding our own "Custom Checkout page".
You Sitefinity people, Do something about this fast !
Regards
Henrik

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your feedback.

The development team is aware of these requirements and the ecommerce portion of the product is making strides towards providing these sort of features out of the box. At the moment they took a side seat to allow for the enhancements in taxes, multi-site, site-sync, getting the products in the content lifecycle, etc. We are well aware non-transparent provider support out of the box is important to our european customers and we are making strides towards having the ecommerce module be more accommodating to universal necessities of our vast client base.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2013 00:00

Thanks for the share. The last point was very much useful. Good keep sharing such things.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello everyone!

Price tracking is also really important for e-commerce companies. It allows them to take fast price decisions and to be one step ahead of their competitors. We, as a Prisync team, provide a tool for e-commerce firms. Feel free to see our work at http://prisync.com/

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Pelin,

The community forums are not the place for advertising. If you need any assistance, please open a separate thread and ask your questions there. We will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed