Product list - thumbnails view - code behind

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:06

Product list - thumbnails view - code behind

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

I read the following blog post to add code behind for a built-in widget.
www.sitefinity.com/.../how_to_add_additional_logic_into_sitefinity_built_in_widgets

The problem is that I can't find the thumbnails widget (of the products list widget)... where can I change to code behind file for this widget?

Kind regards,

bob

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hey Bob,

Attached you'll see two screenshots, one for each of Stanislav's approaches.
As an alternative, you might want to take a look at this Blogpost from Josh Morales (www.sitefinity.com/.../mapping_external_templates_for_sitefinity_4_widgets)

It's a less elegant approach, but if its simply a matter of adding some non obtrusive server-side code its often easier to 'add' than 'inherit' when it comes to upgrades & service packs...

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Bob,

I agree with Jochem Bökkers, that Josh Morales post will provide you the best solution.

Kind regards,
Strahil Strahilov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello all,

thank you for the responses. I know this post of Josh Morales, but the problem was that I couldn't find the guid of this widget. Finally I found the guid through another way.
Go to the backoffice -> design -> widget templates and open the template you want to edit. If you open at the same moment firebug (net tab) or fiddler, you'll see the rest service request, and in the url of this request you can find the guid.

Thanks,

bob

Bob,

If you install the Sitefinity Thunder extension and use that to retrieve the widget, life will get alot easier. It can automatically download/upload the widgets (just like the built-in editor) but you can also save a widget locally, in which case it saves the template locally under the guid.ascx name.

visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/381fde64-9898-4a5d-ae20-861e119bbf92

Jochem,

I know the extension but I missed the 'save as option' to retrieve the guid... :s

thanks a lot for this tip.

bob

@Bob,

It's one of those pleasant little gems that make Georgi's projects rise above the rest :) 

This thread is closed