AddToCartWidget error after 5.3 upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:47

AddToCartWidget error after 5.3 upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi there!

I have an Ecommerce site where I have used the AddToCart widget in Product listing views. After upgrading to 5.3 all these pages produces an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI.AddToCartWidget.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +19
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +81
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +181
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +59
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4200

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

When I comment out the AddToCartWidget the page renders just fine.

I just can't see what's changed since 5.2 to create this error.

Anyone with any insights into this?

Thanks,
OC

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2012 00:00

Hmm....
This looks like a bug.

I've now tried to use the default product Thumbnails temlpate and the default out-of-the-box AddToCartWidget, just in case this was related to my own templates. But the result is the same error.

Any one else upgraded an eCommerce site to 5.3?

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey Ole,

Have done a client 5.2 upgrade without any problems (no BuyNow widgets, standard shippable products) and after reading your post also took a 5.2.3700 test site with BuyNow widgets and upgraded it and it seems to function without any problem.

The test-site I played with uses the BuyNow widget with a normal generic product, perhaps you're using variations? Localized? Or some special form of Attributes that may cause issues?

I'd be more than happy to re-upgrade the test-site to verify the bug...
Jochem

Hello,

We have tested upgrades regarding the Ecommerce module and haven't got an issue like that. I think it is specific problem for your project but to find the bug more information is needed as Jochem said. Could you provide us with the upgrade log in order to get the upgrade error if any. Can you share more details about your project? Is it Multilingual? Have you done any custom development? Any information would be helpful. 

If you can send us you project and database in support ticket we will be able to easily locate the issue.

All the best,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi there,

The site is multi-lingual and localized. It worked just fine in 5.2. I'm using my own templates both for the Product list widget and the Buy now widget.

But I also tried to use a template called "Thumbnails", that I beleive to be a default out-of-the-box one, along with the default Add to cart Widget. The error is produces also with the default widgets.

OC 

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Ole,

We will continue helping you with this service request in the support ticket you have submitted.

Kind regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

was there a solution? Because I have the same problem...

Kind regards,

Bob,

I've just run on 5.2 so far. But I picked up this again two days ago, and the support team have now my projects and databases for investigation. They have not replyed yet, but I'll update the thred with their findings.

It is very strange, but I think it must have something to do with the inventory. That's the only new thing in 5.3. I'm not using it, I have my own inventory from my backend system.

OC

Hello OC,

thank you for your reply. Here the same situation, don't use the inventory... simple scenario.

Also an upgrade to 5.4 doesn't fix the issue.

Is it possible to keep us informed through the forum? Thanks in advance...

bob

Bob / Ole,

Call me an idiot, but I'd love to try and find out what's causing it - any change either of you is willing to toss a broken project my way ?

Jochem

not at all... :)

but I'm afraid I can't give you the project... I'll see if I can reproduce the problem...

thanks

Jochem,

I'll PM you on LinkedIn with download and login credentials.

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2013 00:00

@Ole,

Thanks, I've got it up and running - send you an email with the details so far.
Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

I found a (hopefully temporary) workaround...
I inherited the AddToCartWidget and removed some checks:

public class CustomAddToCartWidget : AddToCartWidget
    protected override void InitializeControls(Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer container)

this.SwitchVisibilityBasedOnInventory(this.GetProductVariations());
        this.QuantityControl.Text = "1";
        this.CssClass = "sfAddToCartWrp";
        this.AddToCartButton.Command += new CommandEventHandler(CustomAddToCartButton_Command);

private void CustomAddToCartButton_Command(object sender, CommandEventArgs e)

int quantity = int.Parse(this.QuantityControl.Text);
        IShoppingCartAdder shoppingCartAdder = (IShoppingCartAdder)new ShoppingCartAdder();
        string defaultCurrency = Config.Get<EcommerceConfig>().DefaultCurrency;
        OptionsDetails optionDetails = GetOptionDetails();

try

shoppingCartAdder.AddItemToShoppingCart((IOrdersControl)this, (ICartOrderManager)this.OrdersManager, this.Product, optionDetails, quantity, defaultCurrency, new Guid?());
            this.AddedToCartMessage.ShowPositiveMessage(Res.Get<OrdersResources>("AddedToCart"));
            this.SwitchVisibilityBasedOnInventory(GetProductVariations());

catch (ArgumentException ex)

//EcommerceLogger.LogException((Exception)ex);
            this.AddedToCartMessage.ShowNegativeMessage(ex.Message);

catch (Exception ex)

//EcommerceLogger.LogException(ex);
            this.AddedToCartMessage.ShowNegativeMessage(Res.Get<OrdersResources>("NotAddedToCart"));

if (!this.AddToCartRedirectPageId.HasValue)
            return;
        this.Page.Response.Redirect(EcommerceControlExtensions.GetPageNodeUrl((IEcommerceControl)this, this.AddToCartRedirectPageId.Value, false));

private List<ProductVariation> GetProductVariations()

List<ProductVariationDetail> variationDetails = this.GetOptionDetails().ProductVariationDetails;
        if (variationDetails != null)
            return Enumerable.ToList<ProductVariation>(Enumerable.Select<ProductVariationDetail, ProductVariation>((IEnumerable<ProductVariationDetail>)variationDetails, (Func<ProductVariationDetail, ProductVariation>)(pvd => pvd.ProductVariationParent)));
        else
            return (List<ProductVariation>)null;

private OptionsDetails GetOptionDetails()

Control parent = this.Parent;
        OptionsDetails optionsDetails = new OptionsDetails();
        foreach (Control control in parent.Controls)

if (control.GetType().Name == "ProductOptionsControl")
                return ((ProductOptionsControl)control).SelectedOptions;

return optionsDetails;

And used this control in my template.

For the moment this seems to work, but I'll have to map this to a new template to modify some markup. Some issues with the validators.

bye

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

The error is due to the fact that the AddToCart widget needs a ProductOptionsControl. This is not in product lists templates made prior to 5.3. That's whats causing the error.

Just add this to the template, and everything works just fine (thanks to Telerik Support):

<div class="sfproductOptions">

<sf:ProductOptionsControl id="productOptionsControl" ProductItem='<%# Page.GetDataItem() %>'

runat="server" />                         

</div>

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi,

We are running in a similar issue, I have upgraded a project from 5.2 -> 6.0 -> 7.0,

Now getting error

Argument 'productId' cannot be empty GUID 

related to addToCartWidget,

I have custom Product Detail template and it seems that

<sfOrders:AddToCartWidget ID="addToCartWidget" ProductId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' runat="server" /> 

<%#Eval("Id") %> is returning nothing, however when I debug the code I am able to retrieve product. 

I also tried to

addToCartWidget.ProductId = product.Id;

in .cs though still getting error.

[ArgumentException: Argument 'productId' cannot be empty GUID.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessCatalogDataProvider_80a7082b5b4c45cd80ea849fb2fcce2e.GetProduct(Guid productId) +413
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI.AddToCartWidget.get_Product() +177
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI.AddToCartWidget.SwitchVisibilityBasedOnInventory(ProductVariation selectedProductVariation) +284
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI.AddToCartWidget.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +43
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +88
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +189

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

OC work around by adding ProductOptionsControl worked for me.

I had similar situation where AddToCart was working on product list in version 5.2 although after upgrading it up to 7.0.5100 it wasn't working, i added "productOptionsControl" and it worked. 

This thread is closed