Lots of attribute values breaks admin page

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:04

Lots of attribute values breaks admin page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello.

We have a scenario where we have some products and the attributes and values needed end up with us having around 3000 attribute-values in use.

When we go into product attributes and then try to view the values, the page practically kills the browser as it attempts to load all 3000 onto one page. If the browser doesn't crash trying to load the list then at the very least it takes several minutes in a hung state before it shows any sign of life. If/when it does finally show the list it is all 3000 on one page.

Any chance of getting paging on this page to prevent this happening?

On a related note... shouldn't it be kind of standard to have all these pages set up with paging by default, as a basic requirement of any listing page?

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Nick,

Thank you for reporting this improper behavior! We have logged it as a bug in our system. Please follow the PITS link to vote for it:

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hang on, is it a "bug" or a "feature request"?

I would have thought this is a bug (or at best, an incomplete implementation) so why do I have to vote (and hope enough other people vote for it too) to get it fixed? 

Edit: PITS is good to help decide what direction to take the product and what NEW features to implement but for heavens sake it shouldn't decide what bugs should or shouldn't be fixed. 

Also the link you provided for PITS isn't correct.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Nick,

The link to PITS is fixed now. I've logged this as a bug, which will be fixed in our future releases. the reason why clients are allowed to vote for a bug is that this way we can prioritize the fix, depending on the votes.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

I guess my issue is that bugs with low votes can sit in PITS for a long time without being addressed, until it's deemed "popular" enough for a fix. It shouldn't matter if 1 or 100 people find it, it's a bug in a publicly released piece of software that we've paid $4000 for. For that cost we have a crippled system that our client won't be able to use. 

Bugs should be fixed, not voted on.

This thread is closed