Buynow, multiple products?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:29

Buynow, multiple products?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

I notice the buynow widget is a RadListView

So is the control able to support multiple products, or could it be enhanced to achieve that?

(I also don't mean can I add multiple items to checkout at the same time, but instead give it 3 products and just have it run like a RadListView repeater...)

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

That control is designed to work with a single product only. The code expects there to be only one of everything. The reason for it being a RadListview is to get databinding in the widget templates so anyone could drag / drop any property of the product they want.

You could override InitializeControls and tie the button click to a different event handler but you'd have to figure out how to know which product should be added to the cart. Plus it only accepts a single GUID for a product Id.

I suppose it would be possible but it would probably be easier to make your own control.

Regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks Randy,

Could I  bug you for a PITS to get a multiple buy-now version?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Steve,

Sure thing but keep in mind using the Buy Now widget for similar purposes is already explained in this blog post. It adds the buy now to the product list widget. Here is the PITS item:

PITS

Kind regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed