Product search missing from backend?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:09

Product search missing from backend?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

I have a site created in 5.3, and the products page in the backend doesn't have a product search so there is no way to get to a product without going through page after page of listings. I thought this was a massive oversight but I was also convinced that it used to be there, so I checked back on a different site built in 5.0 and that HAS a "Search..." button next to the "Create a..." button.

In this 5.3 site I have the "Create a..." button which opens the list of product types to create from, and then next that is a button that just says "Create a product" which just opens up a "Create a General Product" page.

Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I get the Search button to show?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Nick,

Product search should definitely still be there. I'm running 5.3 right now and it's there. What do you see when you inspect the page? Is the markup there at all? It uses the sfLinkBtn CSS class. Do you have any backend styles that might be causing this not to show properly?

If you got to Administration > Backend Pages > eCommerce > Products and edit it (just like a front end page) do you see it there?

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Yup. I've the same experience. New website, 5.4 + hotfix, but no search button.
How can I add this button?

Kind regards,
Daniel

To keep this updated with our experience, we've opened a support ticket and sent our project files to Telerik who are troubleshooting the issue. 

Edit the .config file...Catalog.config?...might be one of the others, let me validate with an old dropbox version

Look for lines that are line <remove with product search or search in them...that solved it for me

**EDIT** FOUND IT:

/CatalogConfig.contentViewControls.ProductsBackendDefinitionName.views.ProductsBackendMaster.config
Look for: 

view->toolbar->sections->section->items-
<remove name="search" />
(**DELETE THAT**)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2013 00:00

Yes, that was our issue too.

CatalogConfig.contentViewControls.ProductsBackendDefinitionName.views.ProductsBackendMaster.config

Remove:
<remove name="search" />
and also remove
<item commandName="insert_command_sf_ec_prdct_generalproduct"commandButtonType="Standard" isFilter="False" cssClass="sfMainAction" text="Create a product"wrapperTagKey="Li" widgetType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.Elements.Widgets.CommandWidget"isSeparator="False" name="MenuCreatesf_ec_prdct_generalproduct"type:this="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.Elements.Config.CommandWidgetElement, Telerik.Sitefinity" />

This second one created the "create a general product button". I don't know how either of those got into this file because it hasn't been edited manually.

This thread is closed