Ecommerce Widgets for Mobile Devices

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:51

Ecommerce Widgets for Mobile Devices

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Team,
How Ecommerce widgets works for mobile devices?  Do i need to create a new set of pages to support  mobile shopping experience?  or Does Ecommerce Widgets render a different markup when page is requested from a mobile device, meaning that same set of pages I created to support desktop shopping experience will manage mobile experience as well?  What's the recommended approach?

Thanks for your quick response,
Carlos.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Carlos,

The Ecommerce widgets do not render differently for mobile devices. You can either transform your page layouts or open a different site using Responsive Design but the widgets themselves are not mobile device aware.

Kind regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Randy,
Thanks for your quick response!  If I understand well your comment, it means that Ecommerce Widgets are designed to fully support responsive design approach.  Is that correct?  I just want to have clear the line between what is supported by design and what's not. In the past we faced some issues with Sitefinity Components, especially with Navigation Bar, that it appears wasn't designed to support responsive design (version 5.0), perhaps this is no longer an issue with latest version, but my concern right now is focused on Ecommerce Widgets.

Any other comment/observation will be appreciated.
Regards,
Carlos. 

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Carlos,

I am sorry for the confusion. Ecommerce widgets are NOT designed to fully support responsive design.
They will rearrange themselves to some extent based on the with of their container but they do not shrink or hide parts as the screen gets smaller. Fro that custom code would need to be implemented.

I hope this clears things up for you.

All the best,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed