Question about new Ecommerce features

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:13

Question about new Ecommerce features

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello !

Would anyone please help me with the following questions concerning the Ecommerce features, in order to help me for a new website architecture analysis (using the Professional Edition) ? 
- We plan to sell downloadable products only, and your Ecommerce module includes such a possibility. What about using this feature without obliging a customer to create an account (just provide us your first & last name and your email, pay, and we'll display you download links (+ mail including these links). Does this represent much work ?
- We would like to access to a user sales history from an other website, using any kind of remote service (WCF, etc.). Is it possible to setup or develop such a service (which would for exemple return a download links list when requested for a customer email). Does the Sitefinity API provide such posibilities ?

THANK YOU so much for helping me, I would really like my client to use Sitefinity, but I have to be sure that all these features are possible

Oliver

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

What about using this feature without obliging a customer to create an account (just provide us your first & last name and your email, pay, and we'll display you download links (+ mail including these links). Does this represent much work ?

This is configurable out of the box. No custom code required.

Is it possible to setup or develop such a service (which would for exemple return a download links list when requested for a customer email). Does the Sitefinity API provide such posibilities ?

Yes. But for a web service based (access from another site) you may need to implement your own custom service that wraps the API. The current services are limited to querying, deleting, and modifying sitefinity ecommerce items.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2013 00:00

I would suggest you http://www.uniecommerce.com/ which has come up with unique features like combining group deals with online auction.

This thread is closed