order stored in database ?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:38

order stored in database ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

dear all,

may i know whether the order are stored in the database ?
how can the user search the order out and display ? any search engine ?
can user search the order base on their information ? and edit the order ?

many thanks !

ec

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Eddie,

Thank you for contacting us!

The orders are stored in the sf_ec_order and sf_ec_order_detail tables for reference. the order details are the actual products that are a part of the order with their prices and quanttiites. They are accessible via API and you can query them based on the snippets provided here and if you need custom functionality we always recommend using the API instead of directly querying the database, since we work on top of an ORM that takes care of database mappings and a lot of infrastructure. 

Orders are searchable in the back-end are searchable by customer name or email. (see attached screenshot #1). Editing the order's id, products customer is not avaialbe, however you can edit the status of the order or add shipping tracking information and details(as seen in the second attachment). Editing is easy to achieve via API described in the docs, but it is best to get a better idea around your use case, because different considerations apply for different cases - for example if a customer was charged with $10 for an order and we change the order's total price in the database, but not the price of each product in it, there are calculation inconsistencies in the system in regards to what reports you get in Ecommerce vs. what a person actually paid.

Let us know if we can provide any further details or if you have any other questions as well!

Regards,
Svetla
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Svetla,

Thank you very much for your info. It is very useful and very specific ! you are awesome !

Sorry that I might have too many questions and i am a newbie.

we can always change the detail of the order pages and change the order process flow, am i right ?
should we just go into the code and change ? Or any other way is better ?

many thanks !

rgds,

ec

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Eddie,

You can certainly change the detail pages and manipulate the flow. I would recommend this documentation article as a good initial point in understanding how checkout works and some of the important events it fires that you can utilize to modify the order's properties.

The invoice widgets in the front-end are easy to modify - they essentially are controlled by a widget that you can locate under Design->Widget Templates. 

The back-end of Sitefinity behaves a bit differently and involves a little bit more client side code for overriding the logic of how things are displayed. For example - the back-end in Sitefinity is controlled via definitions and databound to RESTful services, which are to a great extent customizable and even easily so, but they are a wider topic of conversation. I can give you more specific documentation and examples, if you can provide a use case that you have in mind for orders. 

There is generally nothing you can't do with Ecommerce, it's just a matter of finding the right extension point.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Svetla
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed