Custom Control Disappears on SingleProduct view

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:31

Custom Control Disappears on SingleProduct view

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

From the product list, I click to view a single product and my custom control on my products page disappears.   .

I tried specifying a page, and the same results.  If I navigate to the page, I see my control.  If I get there from clicking a product... my control is not there.

Seems very strange.

Where do I start to look for the root cause of this ?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I cannot reproduce this on my end, perhaps it has something to do with the specifics of your control. Could you attach your code and confirm that your version is 6.0.4210, this could help us identify the issue further.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Svetla
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

oh, I should mention that it's an MVC control.  It feels like maybe a routing issue

To display the single product i see the url:
localhost:6876/.../1-1046-flower-burst-bulk-20-cards-and-envelopes ,
the product name is being added as part of the URL (not as a parameter)

if I browse to the page with "products/junk" my control also vanishes.

Could it be  a MVC routing issue?

Where/How do I handle the route that has the productNmae  as part of the URL ?   
(I've never set up a custom route, so some specific direction would be helpful)

-Tim

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Tim,

I believe this blog post will help you resolve the issue:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/stanislav-velikovs-blog/2012/12/15/how-to-display-mvc-widget-in-detail-views-of-content-items

Regards,
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2013 00:00

Thank you!  Works like a champ.

This thread is closed