No Way To Add Shipping Methods

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:40

No Way To Add Shipping Methods

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2013 00:00

Prior to 6.0 a user could add additional shipping methods (or remove them) for the included Shipping Carriers, UPS, USPS and Fedex.  For example, the original setup for USPS did not include any of the International shipping methods, domestic only.  Once we upgrade to 6.0  we can no longer access the methods, we can edit what is there, but we can't add them.  At this point, we can no longer sell outside the U.S. (Fedex and UPS are just too expensive for our product line).   Has anyone found any kind of work-around for this?  Seems crazy to just have to cut off International shipping.  Anyway to get a quick fix for this? 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Barb,

I believe we have addressed this concern in your ticket but correct me if I'm wrong. With that being said your new 6.0 screens should all look like this for shipping.

http://screencast.com/t/3tLosKSV

UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc all got a bump up in terms of UI and you no longer have to configure them in the Advance settings section. All "Custom" aka non USPS, Fedex, UPS, are now listed as "Offline". These are the old method of shipping providers through this screen such as shipping by weight, etc.

http://screencast.com/t/SSqc3fzc

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2013 00:00

Sadly this has not addressed the problem, not at all.  See my attachment.  The list on the left shows all the USPS methods that SHOULD be available for International.  See the list on the right, this is what we have in our Sitefinity/Ecomm/Shipping Methods for USPS. Not one single international shipping option. Not one.  It was suggested we downgrade to 5.4,  fix them in the old Admin/Settings/Shipping, then reupgrade to 6.0.  The response from my developer at this suggestion is not even repeatable.   This either gets fixed or I have to find a way to remove SF Ecomm from my system and stay with my old Able Commerce ecomm software.  I can't approach my biggest season of the year and not be able to offer shipping to Canada and all other non U.S. destinations.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Barb,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I fully understand your problem now. The problem we are having is that in the latest version these all appear to be hard coded. We are currently working on finding a work around that would let you add these international options. When we devise a solution we will post it to this thread. I believe we have an up to date copy of your project in hand we are testing with but if you wish to add any additional private information I would appreciate it if you would open a support ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed